Ordered an EA Wicked Grapple today.

JR4AL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800
Sep 7, 2014
Jackson, AL, USA
Spoke to Travis at Everything Attachments today and ordered the EA Wicked Grapple. Turn around time is about six weeks! New MX5800 arrives this Friday. Guess I will be pushing wind rows until Ocotber getting ready for the grapples' arrival. I went with the 60" based on several recommendations but primarily to get to those places that the tractor can't quite get into. Anyone have one of these grapples? What do you like? Dislike? Any tips or tricks?

2458n

Jun 21, 2010
covington ohio
Went to auction this evening with a Allis 180. Had loader with ssqa on it. Two separate hyd. outlets up front on the loader. All I could picture was a grapple on that tractor. Left before it sold, cashier asked were I was going. Went home and still want a grapple at 1am.

REL1

Equipment
L2501 BH77, EA Grapple, Land Pride Grader Scraper
Apr 22, 2017
IN
Congrats, your gonna like that grapple.
I have the 55 inch single lid.
IMG_0477.jpg

You'll be surprised at the things you'll find to use it for, I just used it to set a 8 x6 dock over the pond.
IMG_0844.jpg
IMG_0839.jpg

Attachments

JR4AL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800
Sep 7, 2014
Jackson, AL, USA

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Did you order the single lid or the double? I have the double and there are times when I wish it was the single. Mostly when picking up brush.

captmikem

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660 MX 4800 and a bunch of attachments.
Mar 16, 2017
SW Washington State.
I have a Land Pride 72” Grapple on my MX4800 that was delivered about 4 months ago. It is THE most useful tool on my tractor. I am amazed at what it will do.

I open it, stick the top down, and float it backwards picking up limbs, sticks even rocks. It works great as a rake and then you simply grapple them and haul them off.

Because you can’t see it, it takes a bit of getting used to when picking small items up. (rock, limb etc.) but you soon get the hang of it.

I rolled my ATV on a hillside the other day, stump kept it from rolling further over and I could not roll it uphill. Got my grapple, picked it up, rolled it upright and sat it down.

When I drive it to town to fuel, I put four 5 gal cans inside the grapple and fill them. They don’t bounce around like they would in the bucket on the way home.

You can pick up just about anything, have to be careful not to squash it if it is squashable.

You will love it!

M

Attachments

JR4AL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800
Sep 7, 2014
Jackson, AL, USA
Did you order the single lid or the double? I have the double and there are times when I wish it was the single. Mostly when picking up brush.
I ordered the double lid as well (Hopefully will be delivered soon). I have been looking at the design and am wondering if you drilled a hole in each lid and ran a round pin through the drilled holes and secured the round pin with a cotter pin on each end, the independent lids would then become one lid. The hydraulics would take the path of least resistance and open and close simultaneously. This would easily be removable by removing the cotter pins and round pin. I suspect drilling would void the warranty but Ted at EA suggested this may by a mod in the future for the Wicked Grapple in one of his videos. If I see the independent lids become an issue with some of my tasks I may just try it!

JR4AL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800
Sep 7, 2014
Jackson, AL, USA
I have a Land Pride 72” Grapple on my MX4800 that was delivered about 4 months ago. It is THE most useful tool on my tractor. I am amazed at what it will do.

I open it, stick the top down, and float it backwards picking up limbs, sticks even rocks. It works great as a rake and then you simply grapple them and haul them off.

Because you can’t see it, it takes a bit of getting used to when picking small items up. (rock, limb etc.) but you soon get the hang of it.

I rolled my ATV on a hillside the other day, stump kept it from rolling further over and I could not roll it uphill. Got my grapple, picked it up, rolled it upright and sat it down.

When I drive it to town to fuel, I put four 5 gal cans inside the grapple and fill them. They don’t bounce around like they would in the bucket on the way home.

You can pick up just about anything, have to be careful not to squash it if it is squashable.

You will love it!

M
This is awesome information. I almost got the Land Pride but opted for the Wicked Grapple because I got to see the Wicked Grapple in action and was sold. It is truly surprising to see what a grapple can do and make a tractor that much more useful. Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like you have figured out how to get your money's worth out of your grapple. I can't wait for mine to get here!

RichM752

Equipment
L47TLB
Feb 28, 2017
Mount Shasta CA
I've got a 60" dual lid EA Wicked grapple. It's a most excellent piece to have. Had EA weld some extra tabs for more tines which can be removed if desired. I work it hard and it serves me well.

JR4AL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800
Sep 7, 2014
Jackson, AL, USA
Wicked Grapple arrived two weeks earlier than expected. Got a chance to use it over the weekend. What an awesome product by Everything Attachments! Just outright awesome craftsmanship and quality. No complaints. This is my first grapple and after only a weekend of use I can say that the difference in having a grapple is as much of a difference as a tractor vs. a tractor with a loader. You wonder what did I do without one! The EA Wicked Grapple is now my favorite attachment!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REL1

Equipment
Apr 22, 2017
IN
Awesome set up!
EA does some quality work, I may get a grader scraper from them.

Shep1478

Equipment
2017 Kubota L3901, various implements
Mar 5, 2017
Dahlonega, GA
Ohhh Boy.. everytime I read on this topic, I get the itch for my 1st Grapple. I have lots of work I could be doing with it this winter. I have a 3901HST but need the hoses for the front; are there special places that can install it for me? Maybe my local dealer? I know there's options for this; just not sure what I need!:rolleyes::confused:

From everything I'm reading here, it looks like they way to go would be with a grapple from EA.:):)

REL1

Equipment
Apr 22, 2017
IN
Your local dealer can install the 3rd function valve for the grapple.
I got mine through EA and installed it myself.
Do a search and you will find info and videos on how it works and how it's installed.