ordered a Piranha Tooth bar for my BX25D

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I need to mow down a bunch of heavy weeds around the barn, and take out about 60 saplings about 1" around. I hope it works as good as everyone says. does anyone have experience scraping heavy weeds and underbrush with one?

Underwhere

Jul 7, 2013
Freedom, NH
I need to mow down a bunch of heavy weeds around the barn, and take out about 60 saplings about 1" around. I hope it works as good as everyone says. does anyone have experience scraping heavy weeds and underbrush with one?
I chose to buy the Ratchet Rake instead of the piranha bar.
I like how the rake requires no mods to the bucket and also has teeth that dig down in an attempt to cut into the surface without picking up much dirt.

Benefit of the piranha is that you can still load your bucket with it...and you can't with the ratchet rake.

Downside of the piranha is that you may be loading quite a bit of dirt in the bucket.

In the end I got a grapple and it was worth every penny. I just cleared a whole ton of brush today without moving much of the dirt underneath...and i can pick it up and place it wherever I want.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I think you will be tickled pink!!! I think it will do EVERYThing you need , and for the cost and what you get - it is a steal.

Getting the bucket at the perfect angel just takes some practice.....

I see NO need to ever take my toothbar off...........

the benefits outweigh any negatives that I have found.

just my 2 cents

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
I just purchased and installed a PTB on my L3800. I bought it for the digging capabilities, not so much for brush clearing. However, I have cleared some brush when I was trying to dig a ditch. It mowed it down quickly. It was my understanding that the teeth could grab the tree and pull it up by the roots. The two trees I tried to removed were cut off close to the ground, probably because I hit them too hard. It'll take some practice. It is the best purchase I've made for my tractor thus far.

Tattnall Guy

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 3, 2014
Collins, Georgia
My Piranha Tooth Bar was delivered by UPS about 45 minutes ago. Someone from the dealer is bringing out my Landpride Cutter this week and will install it for me. I'm excited also.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I just purchased and installed a PTB on my L3800. I bought it for the digging capabilities, not so much for brush clearing. However, I have cleared some brush when I was trying to dig a ditch. It mowed it down quickly. It was my understanding that the teeth could grab the tree and pull it up by the roots. The two trees I tried to removed were cut off close to the ground, probably because I hit them too hard. It'll take some practice. It is the best purchase I've made for my tractor thus far.
That sounds good, Its like digging with a sharp shovel, or chopping with a sharp axe, and a lot easier on your back!

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I got my UPS delivery yesterday, and installed the PTB. I had tried to scrape the napweed with just the stock bucket, it looked like I barely touched it. With the PTB installed, I had to still break the surface of the dirt, and go down 1/2 - 1" but I was able to do a really substantial job of weed removal. This stuff is anywhere from 1'- 4' tall with stalks like your finger, and really strong roots. I'm still new to the tractor, so its slow going, but once you get the angle right, it works great. $$ well spent!

PWM3rd

Equipment
L3800; Landpride RCR1260; BB1260; GS15; RB15; Titan PForks; PTB;
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
The PTB was and still is one of the best purchases I've made since buying my L3800. It, along with my landpride box blade, has completely changed the look of my property.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I filled in an old above ground pool area (still 12" deep) from the PO, and have been leveling out a couple huge mounds in the yard. The Piranha digs like crazy, where without it, the loader deflects off hard ground.

navspecwar

Equipment
B3300HST FEL, ATH72 Finish Mower, 5ft KKRear Blade,Piranha TB
Oct 5, 2013
Marion, Illinois
Have had mine for a few months. One of the best purchases I have made....night and day difference when digging!