OrangeTractorTalks now partnered with Amazon.com

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hello fellow OrangeTractorTalkers,

We are now big enough as a community to partner with Amazon.com
! This partnership helps support the site (read: keep the lights on). A percentage of every sale that originates from OrangeTractorTalks contributes to expenses for our server bandwidth, license fees as well as occasional Tim Horton's coffees and apple fritters.

Sounds good but..
Not interested in the stuff currently listed on the left of the forums? Already have a Kindle and do not need another one? That's ok because anything you purchase at Amazon.com after using our link to get there, qualifies. New tools, cameras, golf clubs, books, DVDs...

So...
If you are going online to buy something from Amazon anyway, why not use our link
to get there? You pay the same amount and a portion of the sale comes back to the community here at OrangeTractorTalks. We can then use that support to improve the site and do other cool things. Bonus!

I'm in. What do I do?
Great! Click here
or click on the black Amazon.com logo at the top left of the forums. Anything you end up purchasing within the next day will qualify to have a portion of that sale come back to support the site. It is certainly appreciated!

Attachments

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
So I decided to give this Amazon thing a try - have never visited their site before but would like to support OTT
I need (well, actually just want) an adapter for my new camera to use old flash equipment. I can get it on ebay for about $55 plus about $10 shipping, average total cost among several suppliers is $66.00. Exact same product directly from Olympus is 79.99 plus 20 shipping.
Amazon.com offers it from a number of suppliers for $47, but the shipping varies from 15 to 26 to 47 for the same product. The best price was from Amazon.com directly, the others from Amazon 'partners'. One supplier offers it for 47.19 plus 24.95 for as total of 72.14, and the same supplier offers it on ebay 'buy it now' for 53.82 plus 12.73, for a total of 66.55.
Has anyone else experienced this kind of difference in pricing and shipping?

Amazon.ca offers this for 47.19 plus 8.22 for a total of 55.14 - best deal available, through B&H Photo.

Does the commission to OTT also apply to Amazon.ca?
Does it apply to purchases made through Amazon 'partners' like B&H?
Can you put a link to Amazon.ca for us so you can get the commissions on Canadian purchases?

I plan to get this in the next few weeks, and would like to support OTT when I do.

Thanks

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey stuart, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Regarding your questions:

Does the commission to OTT also apply to Amazon.ca?
Yes. So long as you either:

1) click on the Amazon banner on the left of the forums first and then visit Amazon.ca or
2) use this Amazon.ca link

The reason this works is that when you use the banner we have it places special information on your computer that tells Amazon that we recommended you. That recommendation applies to all Amazon storefronts and lasts for 24 hours.

Does it apply to purchases made through Amazon 'partners' like B&H?
I'm not sure about this one - I do not believe so, unless you purchase those items from B&H on Amazon's site. That being said, I know that purchases from Amazon Wireless and Small Parts do apply.

Can you put a link to Amazon.ca for us so you can get the commissions on Canadian purchases?
Sure, try this link for Amazon.ca.