Options for 3rd pin

BrownHatLand

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 23, 2022
WI
Hello guys. Im new here and also new in the tractor world.

I just got a BX2380 and a king kutter xb tiller.

I should get today in the mail the Pat's Quick Hitch.

I dont know yet the right terminology of the parts of the tractor but, i still will need the pin for the center arm that get attached to the top part of the tiller.

I wondering what pin or hitch pin you guys use or is the right for that?

Thanks

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I believe you're referring to the top link. They are generally adjustable within a range. The one needed for use with Pat's Quick Hitch would of necessity be longer than the one needed without it. You'll probably have to measure to see what length you need. I had to buy a new top link when I added Pat's to my tractor. Consider the possibility of needing a longer PTO shaft for your tiller as well. There are PTO extensions available if needed as well as overrun clutches. I needed a longer PTO shaft for my mower as Pat's sets your implement back two or three inches.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

BrownHatLand

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 23, 2022
WI
Doubt he needs a top link as the 2380 comes with one. More than likely just needs the pin to attach it the top link to the tiller. The pin on mine is 4 3/4" long and about 7/8" in diameter. Something like this: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...-hitch-pin-grade-5-4-1-4-in-usable-pin-length
Also doubt he'll need a longer PTO shaft. Probably have to cut to fit the one that comes with the tiller.
You are right, i was asking for that pin and the size.

Wondering if that is the only type of pin you can use there.

Thanks for you response.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You are right, i was asking for that pin and the size.

Wondering if that is the only type of pin you can use there.

Thanks for you response.
You can even use a grade 5 or better bolt, if it is the proper diameter, and of suitable length.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
For a BX I believe that would be a Category 1 hitch so the pin would be a 3/4” diameter. They’re readily available at TSC, tractor dealers, online, etc. for around $5. As someone else stated, a 3/4” bolt would also work.

Reactions: 1 users

BrownHatLand

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 23, 2022
WI
For a BX I believe that would be a Category 1 hitch so the pin would be a 3/4” diameter. They’re readily available at TSC, tractor dealers, online, etc. for around $5. As someone else stated, a 3/4” bolt would also work.
Im glad you mentioned the size of cat1, otherwise i would have bought a 7/8 pin. After i read your post, i went to double check the size of the hole and it was 3/4. Thanks brother. I got the pin, now i need to cut the right length of the pto shaft.

Thanks everybody that answer and help me with this. Take care

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Make sure you cut a equal amount off each end of your shaft. Lots of you-tube videos if you're not sure.