Opinions on the Kubota B2650?

Utopia Texas

Equipment
Kubota B2650/Kubota L6060
Jun 14, 2017
Brookshire & Cat Spring, Texas
How much weight a tractor will pick up is related to size and hydraulics so how well it works for you depends on what you intend to lift. I just bought a B2650 for small jobs around the farm but well know the limitations of what it can do.
I have commercial shelving in my largest barn to save space and use a larger tractor with forks to store my 850 pound shredder and 55 gallon barrels of diesel fuel 4 at a time on pallets 8 feet off the ground. Two totally different tractors with different uses.
Explain what you intend to lift and use the front end loader for and someone can tell you if the B2650 is practical for that use.

Mike.O

Equipment
B2650
Mar 28, 2017
CT
Love mine, TLB. Nothing bad to say so far. I have lifted/moved many very large rocks and stumps, much larger than I thought it would do.

Seems to be one of the more popular models right now. Have heard many people say their dealer can't keep them in stock.

Based off my experiences so far, I would highly recommend. Plus no DPF!

Rookie Farmer

Equipment
B2650 SSQD forks 60" rear finish mower
Jun 9, 2017
Tenino, WA
I love mine as it is only 15 hours old. I'm building 4500 LF of fencing and using it on 6 acres. So far the only time I have maxed out the loader is using pallet forks and moving 60lb. Bags of concrete. I have my rear wheel loaded, but still want more ballast if your doing lots of heavy loader work. I got time so 700 lbs. or so is fine with me with nothing out back. I have a 60" rear finish mower as well and mow 1.5 acres just like my small rider. So no complaints, just know heavy objects in small packages will find the FEL limits. Other than that never could imagine needing more power or torque for my applications.

PNWexcavator

Equipment
Kubota U35 Excavator Chevy 1-ton Dump truck B2650
Jun 19, 2017
San Juan islands, Wa San Juan
I just clocked 8 hrs on mine today. It had 1.5 hrs when it was delivered last thursday. At first I thought it might be to small but for what I do I think it is perfect! Great compliment to my U35 excavator. Very nimble. Can't wait to get it broken in and use it at full power. I have weighted tires and a backhoe.Tractor feels very balanced, I was moving full scoops of clay mixed soil. The backhoe was set up with "Deer control pattern, it was totally strange to me! My excavator has always been "Cat control pattern". I switched two sets of hoses and now the backhoe is "cat pattern". It took about 15 min.. Way better for me but the speed, power and limitations will take some getting use to but being able to quickly go to a trenching job will be great. Mostly private dirt roads where I live.
In 8 hrs fuel gage has yet to move!

tomato coupe

Equipment
L45
Oct 27, 2013
Colorado
I actually took delivery of a B2650 this morning. It joins a New Holland of the same weight and engine size, and a larger (and much heavier) Kubota L45. I don't know if your question about lift capacity refers to the loader or the 3-pt hitch. If it is the latter, I would say the B2650 punches above it's weight. I put a disc on it that is 100 lb heavier than recommended, and it handled it very well. The only thing I don't like about the B2650 is the HST pedal -- I prefer the HST+ pedal on my L45.

retird

Equipment
loader, box scraper
Jul 10, 2015
brownsville,ontario,canada
I've been using mine for two years. I've used the following implements regularly with no problems whatsoever:

Caroni 63 inch flail mower
60 inch box blade
72 inch front snow blade
60 inch bucket
48 inch forks to lift logs

I'm about to try a 7 foot sickle bar mower to trim banks of pond

So far I am a happy customer

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
More power is better no matter what you're doing. If I could have went bigger I would have. The next step up was the grand L3560, but it was too tall to fit in my garage. Take it for a test ride first. The HST whine is my biggest complaint. Other than that I had a few minor issues, but all in all it works good.