Opinions on L3301

DrankTheOrangeKoolaid

Equipment
M6800/M920, Case 780B
Sep 24, 2019
Alberta
I'm looking for a backup tractor. I was hoping for 40+ hp, but there is a L3301 HST up for auction. The all knowing google has not been able to find much bad about this model, so I'm looking for informed opinions, good, bad or otherwise. And an estimate of value, in Canukistan Pesos.

hwkmn05

Equipment
2021 Kubota L3301 HST
Feb 4, 2022
Vt
2 yrs and 150 hours into my L3301. Same frame as the L3901/02 now. PTO runs light brush hog decently. HST is responsive and lift power is fast and adequate for this size. 2 knocks. Rear fender space. Depending on tires, make sure and get large enough spacers or chains could rub on 3 pt arms. I think the front rims are too small. Feels like a garden tractor at times. Not a deal breaker, but at times annoying. Priced in the states new at low $30s. I got the last 2021 for Mid $20s. If you get it for low $20s, thats a deal.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301. KX033-4
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
I have a HST 3301 with 525 loader.
Mine was purchased new in 2018 and has about 180hrs.
Loaded R4's, 3rd function, grapple...
It has been problem free aside from stuff I have damaged.
The only thing I don't like is the steering tie rods in front of the axle.
It gets used for certain tasks and does a great job doing them.
Keep in mind it is an entry level machine with an entry level transmission. IE- it's noisy.

I also have ~50hrs running my friends JD 3032.
JD has tie rods behind axle and a E brake I like.
Other than that I much prefer the kubota.

Reactions: 1 user

Tropical Jack

Equipment
Kubota L3301 w/ FEL & BH, tilt and trim, chipper, box blade, grading blade
I have an 8 year old L3301. It has been pretty much faultless for me. Mine has ag tires, with width set as wide as it goes. I run chains front and rear with a heavy snow (infrequent in my locality). I bought mine used with 300 hours on it. I just passed 700 hours.

My only complaints:

The tractor has separate brake pedals, but they are not useable because the HST pedal is on the same side. It is pretty much impossible to use them while keeping the tractor in motion.

For the same reason - it can be difficult to “set the brake” without accidentally touching the HST pedal with your foot.

You cannot get on and off the tractor from the right side (FEL control is in the way).

Every 50 hours or so, the tractor does a “regen”. Takes about 15-20 minutes to complete. I do not really mind this so much, because I just continue working with whatever task I was doing.

Jack

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Be careful at the auction ! The 'sold' for price(your bid ) will creep up real FAST when you actually get it 'out the door' !! Local auction place here adds 15% 'buyers premium' then ,of course 13% taxes.
so $1000 (sold ) becomes $1300 (out the door)!!!
They also may charge a 'credit card use' fee(was illegal to do so....) AND there could be a semi hidden 'loading fee'.
So Please read the dang itty bitty fine print !!

Reactions: 2 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
If you are not familiar with the website Tractorhouse.com you should take a look. A low hour l3301 with a loader and bucket can be had for under $20,000. There are benefits of knowing the seller and perhaps why its being sold. You might even get a warranty/limited guarantee. Many feel great prices are to be had at auctions but I have found otherwise. Good luck.