Op worklight

BigMeetch

Sep 5, 2022
NH
I ordered a 72 watt LED bar off Amazon. Was investigating ways to install it on my BX1880 and noticed an Op. worklight fuse in the block. Any idea what this is? Is there a loose connector somewhere I could tie into? Thanks!

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
The correct wiring diagram should show what's available. Ensure that it's fuse protected. Do you want it hot or on a switched circuit? If hot be careful 72 watts isn't much execpt if left on and not noticed. I prefer switched, if I'm working after dark it's probaly because of a weather event, which at that point the machine isn't getting shut off period.

BigMeetch

Sep 5, 2022
NH
The correct wiring diagram should show what's available. Ensure that it's fuse protected. Do you want it hot or on a switched circuit? If hot be careful 72 watts isn't much execpt if left on and not noticed. I prefer switched, if I'm working after dark it's probaly because of a weather event, which at that point the machine isn't getting shut off period.
Would like to do it switched. Any idea where to locate a wiring diagram? Google didn’t help.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Try to find a schematic for your tractor. Many are available for viewing on the Kubota website. I don't know the BX. My L2501 has a connector under the left fender. It is fused at ten amps. Doing the math, that's 120 watts. That circuit turns on and off with my key. Rather than run the light bar all the time I added a switch in line so I could turn off the light when not using it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
'optional' wiring usually has a couple wraps of blue electrical tape around them, kinda close to actual use.
a 'worklight' usually is in rear, so look under the seatpan, near the 3PH stuff.....

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Where are you mounting the light? If it's up on the ROPS, then there's a 3 wire bundle under the left rear fender (towards the center) that's wrapped in blue tape. One wire (20 amp) is always hot, one is switched (15 Amp) thru the ignition switch, and the third one is a ground.