OOPS! Let's see them!

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
How about a thread for showing off our tractor mishaps? For pictures and/or words of the inevitable "incidents" we experience with our machines.

Mine have been minor and peripheral oops so far. The bush has laid bare a few weaknesses to attend to.

IMG_20201129_125406649.jpg
IMG_20201129_125059310.jpg
IMG_20201129_125041261.jpg
IMG_20210111_115123115.jpg

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
...while moving some brush a stick caught the grille guard. Since it was dead center, I left it. I think it gives the front end a bit of added "styling". :)

oops.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
How about a thread for showing off our tractor mishaps? For pictures and/or words of the inevitable "incidents" we experience with our machines.

Mine have been minor and peripheral oops so far. The bush has laid bare a few weaknesses to attend to.
How old is that machine?

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
@nbryan I have to ask how you broke the exhaust pipe clean off.

Reactions: 1 user

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
@nbryan I have to ask how you broke the exhaust pipe clean off.
The pipe was cracked and brazed back together almost 2 years ago. I suspect it was a sturdy branch or bush stem that cracked it then.
This time I had to replace it ($102 CAD from Kubota dealer) as a much bigger brush stub got behind it this time and finished the job. There's pretty thick bush where I'm clearing to get to a larch stand destined for firewood. LOTS of thick and tough shrubby alders, larch saplings, and willows, and they get between the front wheel and the tractor frame while I'm moving and push against the tailpipe. A small brush guard of some sort near the pipe there would help. It's hard to tell if there's something jamming in there when you're backing up and looking back, especially.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I used a straight grader-blade to scratch a deep trench to bury some electrical cable...and to get the blade at a sharp-enough angle to dig the trench 2-ft deep I had to crank the leveler-box to it’s extreme. It worked fine...except when I came to the end of the trench... I raised the 3-pt to turn-around and admire my work. I was happy.... Until turned around in my seat and I saw that the blade at the steep angle had hit and mangled my PTO guard and tool-basket. :mad:

I’d post a pic but I’ve already repaired them on my shop hyd-press and there’s no visible long-term consequence. :cool:

Last edited:

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
No pics, but I have three.

One time I was pulling the tractor around to the front of the house, don't remember the reason. I store it with implements down, but it doesn't have a nice sheltered home like many of you have, so it's just out on the ground. I forgot to raise the cultivator and ended up dragging rows all through the back and side yards.

Then there was the time I wasn't paying attention to where my land plane was and it caught the well housing as I passed by. That's probably my biggest, had to do some minor well repair as well as fixing the housing.

And once I got the tractor stuck in the mud while trying to pull out my truck that was also stuck in the mud...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Got a new to me M6040 to replace the L4630 which I always kept in the shed behind the barn which was originally built to house my JD 450 dozer.
Well, silly me did not bother measuring the height difference between the the two tractors never mind the 450. First time backing the M into the shed I hear a crunch and see pieces of orange plastic falling to the ground...
Yep smashed a big old ragged hole in the roof, maybe 12inches by 6 inches. Yikes, winters a coming and I got a holey roof.
Used some bituthane membrane as a temp patch to get through the winter and then did a permanent fix with 2 part West epoxy and fibreglas matting. It is ugly as sin but it is still holding on after 3 winters.
I have since dug 4 inches out of the shed floor and trimmed down the rafters where the fit is close and have not had any problems since as long as I keep the snow plowed down to gravel at the front of the shed

Attachments

• Wow

Buck8one2

Equipment
B7800, LA402 loader RCK60-27b mower
Dec 21, 2015
Ellijay, GA
I had my B7800 all of 5 minutes when I tried to pull it into the garage and heard this awful crashing sound. Yup, roll bar ripped the garage door completely off the tracks.
To this day I am always looking up to make sure of the clearance incase the door isn't all the way up.

Buck :oops:

Reactions: 2 users

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
No pics, but I have three.

One time I was pulling the tractor around to the front of the house, don't remember the reason. I store it with implements down, but it doesn't have a nice sheltered home like many of you have, so it's just out on the ground. I forgot to raise the cultivator and ended up dragging rows all through the back and side yards.

Then there was the time I wasn't paying attention to where my land plane was and it caught the well housing as I passed by. That's probably my biggest, had to do some minor well repair as well as fixing the housing.

And once I got the tractor stuck in the mud while trying to pull out my truck that was also stuck in the mud...
Sorry, but the LOL icon had to come out on those adventures!

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
Got a new to me M6040 to replace the L4630 which I always kept in the shed behind the barn which was originally built to house my JD 450 dozer.
Well, silly me did not bother measuring the height difference between the the two tractors never mind the 450. First time backing the M into the shed I hear a crunch and see pieces of orange plastic falling to the ground...
Yep smashed a big old ragged hole in the roof, maybe 12inches by 6 inches. Yikes, winters a coming and I got a holey roof.
Used some bituthane membrane as a temp patch to get through the winter and then did a permanent fix with 2 part West epoxy and fibreglas matting. It is ugly as sin but it is still holding on after 3 winters.
I have since dug 4 inches out of the shed floor and trimmed down the rafters where the fit is close and have not had any problems since as long as I keep the snow plowed down to gravel at the front of the shed
Ouch! Well, as long as it still works!

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
My only oops to date was clipping the mailbox with the plow blade while simultaneously reversing and turning. Fortunately, its a Rubbermaid mailbox and only resulted a minor scuff. Really does make you wish that everything was made like Rubbermaid...

Screenshot_20210128-145017_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I only came close to taking off my back barn door with the corner of the loader bucket. No harm to tractor, so I guess it doesn't count.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
My big oops came just about one month after I bought the tractor. My wife wanted to start a garden and I had twenty yards of top soil delivered. The driver dumped it all in two 10 yard piles. I used the tractor to push the piles level I started by driving up the piles of dirt and used the bucket to push the dirt. As I drove up the pile of dirt on the second pass, the dirt gave way and the tractor rolled over on it's side.

I had to get the tractor upright by using my pickup truck to pull the tractor upright again. Fortunately, there was no damage done but that did not help my confidence any for awhile.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
My worst one was putting about a 4 inch gash in the side of a grain bin with the loader on a JD 4030. A couple that aren't mine but are entertaining from a hog farm I used to work at. We were pulling honey wagons with IH 3588s. They had vane pumps that could pull vacuum to fill and pressure to empty. Most us would knife the manure in until the tank was empty enough so it would lose all the pressure. One guy wanted to make a straight line across the field where he stopped. As a result he'd come back to fill with about 20 psi in a 3350 gallon tank. For reasons known only to him he cracked the valve whilst looking at it and covered himself with liquid hog manure.
A different guy from the same place left the knives in the ground down about a half mile of road before it occurred to him to lift them.

• Haha