Omni Mfg Weight Rack

Fredmeyer

Equipment
Kubota BX
Oct 9, 2015
New England
Hi,

Is anyone using the Omni Mfg weight rack? I have it on the omni combo hitch and I worry that if you pull the top link pin (in a moment of stupidity ) with weights on the rack it could be really dangerous as the hitch can pivot away from the back of the tractor on the bottom two links. Any way to prevent this accident from happening?

thanks!

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
The Omni rack is essentially the same as the Heavy Hitch, which I have http://heavyhitch.com/
BTW - The suitcase weights from Omni are the best price I've seen. I just ordered 3 pair (should be here Friday).

Regarding your concern about pulling the top pin with weight on it - well there are plenty of stupid things you can do to hurt yourself on a tractor. That would be one of them.
Whether you have a weight rack or an implement, you just don't pull the top pin with weight on it.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
if you can pull that pin with weights on it,,, Dude you be way stronger then me :D

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Hi,

Is anyone using the Omni Mfg weight rack? I have it on the omni combo hitch and I worry that if you pull the top link pin (in a moment of stupidity ) with weights on the rack it could be really dangerous as the hitch can pivot away from the back of the tractor on the bottom two links. Any way to prevent this accident from happening?

thanks!
You could always hook up a safety chain that is slightly slack to the weight mount. If you pulled the pin, the chain would go taut.

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Man if you can pull the top pin out with weights on - you need to come over my place and take some rebar out of the ground for me by hand :D

Now maybe if you say, what if a top pin BREAKS or something - that might be bad

Fredmeyer

Equipment
Kubota BX
Oct 9, 2015
New England
Yep - you are correct. When I added more weight it blocks the top pin and the pin becomes really hard (impossible?) to move.

guess its not really a concern.