Old Tiller

andy685

Equipment
2018 BX 1880
Dec 3, 2018
Thorntown, IN United States
I've come across an old Steiner 3 Point RotoTiller. I'd never heard of this brand and when I look them up they now build mid pivot tractors with front attachments.

Does anyone know anything about their old 3 point tillers. This appears to be a 48 inch. Tines turn, but its actually on its side and is pretty rusted on the surface. I don't know age or additional condition.

I'm wondering if its worth me contacting the owner about possibly selling.

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
I've come across an old Steiner 3 Point RotoTiller. I'd never heard of this brand and when I look them up they now build mid pivot tractors with front attachments.

Does anyone know anything about their old 3 point tillers. This appears to be a 48 inch. Tines turn, but its actually on its side and is pretty rusted on the surface. I don't know age or additional condition.

I'm wondering if its worth me contacting the owner about possibly selling.
I would question the gearbox and bearings. Tine wear might help you determine how much it had been used along with shaft movement.
I sure wouldn't pay much at all unless you could see it operating first.
I think they are still in business and would call to see if parts are available.

andy685

Equipment
2018 BX 1880
Dec 3, 2018
Thorntown, IN United States
I would question the gearbox and bearings. Tine wear might help you determine how much it had been used along with shaft movement.
I sure wouldn't pay much at all unless you could see it operating first.
I think they are still in business and would call to see if parts are available.
That's a good idea... thanks