Old Brush Hog

Popeyecop

Equipment
L175, L3901
Sep 14, 2017
Chester, IL

I dug up this old 48" Brush Hog and was wondering if its missing any parts just by looking at it. I would think it would require some sort of wheel attachment to use as a height adjustment. The gear box still turns freely and i'm trying to get it back into usable condition. Any suggestions?

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
While all new bush hogs have a tail wheel it may not have had one. What is missing for sure is the front part of the PTO shaft.

Popeyecop

Equipment
L175, L3901
Sep 14, 2017
Chester, IL
While all new bush hogs have a tail wheel it may not have had one. What is missing for sure is the front part of the PTO shaft.
It took me a little but to find the front part of the PTO, but a buddy of mine came to the rescue and give me what I needed to fix that.

I not sure what size bladesign it will take. The ones that were on there are rusted and broken. I coated the nuts and bolts with PB Blaster so hopefully when I go to replace the blase the nuts come off easier.

Popeyecop

Equipment
L175, L3901
Sep 14, 2017
Chester, IL
It took me a little bit to find the front part of the PTO, but a buddy of mine came to the rescue and give me what I needed to fix that.

I not sure what size blades it will take. The ones that were on there are rusted and broken. I coated the nuts and bolts with PB Blaster so hopefully when I go to replace the blade's the nuts come off easier.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Apply a mixture of 50/50 ATF and Acetone it out performs PB by a mile. Any tags on that with a number? It looks like it had a tail wheel at one point you may have to fabricate one, but if you can rebuild it it's worth it. Change out the gearbox oil too.

Popeyecop

Equipment
L175, L3901
Sep 14, 2017
Chester, IL
Apply a mixture of 50/50 ATF and Acetone it out performs PB by a mile. Any tags on that with a number? It looks like it had a tail wheel at one point you may have to fabricate one, but if you can rebuild it it's worth it. Change out the gearbox oil too.
Thanks for the info on the mix, I will be trying it. I'm having trouble locating replacement blades. Everywhere I look the blade's have a bend in them. The one on it are straight.