Old and Colorfull Arms

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
I was at a gun show this weekend. Actually it was more something for old WWI and WWII stuff and the very old things. I was not able to find something for my AR10, but I made some pictures:

It looks like a tree with a barrel... :p

And here somebody dropped a gun in a paint-box. The rate from euro to us-dollar is by the way 1.30.

In the end I left very early. As I was next to a lot of people who like to have gun's at home, I hand out stickers against a German party that want to ban firearms in private hands... :mad:

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
I hand out stickers against a German party that want to ban firearms in private hands... :mad:
We have the same problem with the Democratic party over here:mad: Some very interesting muskets pics, I don't think I would want to tote that tree with a barrel around for very long.:)

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Jeese they wanted 450 Euros for that multicolor monstrosity? I can pick up a new in box 1911 for less than that and it will even look like a gun! Who would do that to a perfectly good 1911?

I like that log cannon! Looks like an old swivel gun they used for ship to ship action back in days of sail. It looks like a percussion cap action though?

Here's the two old and colorful firearms I own.

The, I'm sure familiar to you Cabu, Mauser. This one is actually a Czech vz.24 build for export to Romania. It was captured by the Russians sometime during the WWII, rearsenaled, dipped in cosmoline, and sat in a warehouse for the war that never came. The barrel is a little rough and it's not the most accurate thing I've ever shot but that 8mm round makes a hell of a hole and I've got a case of Yugo surplus ammo that was relatively cheap. I installed a rear peep sight as an improvement over the not so great notch sight they came with.

My other toy is a 1936 Winchester 62. This one was bought by my the father of my dad's best friend for squirrel hunting during the Depression. Dad's friend found it again in his garage years ago with a wasp nest in the barrel and a live round stuck in the action. He gave it to me and Dad and I managed to break up the wasp nest and push the round out. A thorough cleaning, a little oil and it shoots like the day it came out of the box. Only other thing I've done to it was file the groove for the magazine slightly so it would stop popping out under fire. It ejects vertically so if you hold it wrong it has a tendency to send hot brass down the back of your shirt :)

What's everyone else got?

Last edited:

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
...Jeese they wanted 450 Euros for that multicolor monstrosity?...

...The, I'm sure familiar to you Cabu, Mauser...
No, they want to have 1475 Euro !!! :confused:

And yes, I also have a K98. My one is from 1944, the barrel was changed to .308 and now more nicer to shoot. I can hold ~7cm at 100m with it.

At the moment I have an entry to be allowed to buy a 45ACP. In Germany you need first to go to the county hall to get permission to by a handgun. I am in favour for a tuned CZ97. That one can hold 19mm at 25m. :cool: And it is not so expensive, only $2200. In Germany the market is smaller so the prices are higher...

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Wow my sympathies on those prices, didn't realize how good we've got it over here.

CZs are good guns! Had a chance to fire a CZ-75B a few years back and fell in love. I keep planning on getting one but I barely shoot the guns I've got and other things keep taking precedent.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep CZ's are a pretty nice piece over all,, I have been trying to find a little CZ bolt action rifle in 7.62x39 for several years now,, a good little gun for a kid of some one of small stature, I kinda like it my self,,lol