Oil Pressure ?

guilt trip

Equipment
Kubota B6100E tractor, kubota box blade, & 5' bush hog mower.
Jun 23, 2010
central Florida
My rebuilt B6100E has a 18lbs oil pressure ? . the engine was completely rebuilt. She runs great with no rattling so I thought it may be the Light not working properly , During the rebuild I rewired the tractor completely with new oil sending switch also ? . The manual shows an oil pressure adjustment nut? Close to the oil filter ? again I can't find it so HELP !. Or this oil pressure for the three cylinders ok ? Thanks GT

guilt trip

Equipment
Jun 23, 2010
central Florida
The cam and bearings was well within tolerance, I added rod bearings new pistons and rings along with main bearings. The oil pressure stays at 18 lbs. (I Installed a Gage) when at 3/4 throttle and drops tp 1-2 lbs when returned to idle ? . I am using a standard HD 30 weight oil, not one of those synthetic types. I do have 3 manuals one basic manual, a parts Manual and a service Manual (this Manual was a copy sent from Kubota parts and a bad hard to read one at that) . The parts Manual is the best one as far as reading/understanding. Grady

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
Oil pumps can wear too. A little end play and the pressure just sorta runs around in circles inside the pump body.

LT1Pat was referring to a plug in the end of the cam, it stoppers up the central galley after it being bored; but your pressure is a little high for that to have popped out.

guilt trip

Equipment
Jun 23, 2010
central Florida
A Friend said yesterday to change the type oil filter ? He said some of the ones he run into restricted the oil just a little too much ? that may be the problen . and he also said to use 40 HD oil. ? Grady

Ach

Equipment
Kubota B6000 DT with B219 Loader
Mar 1, 2011
Big Island, Hawaii, USA
If it's at all like my b6000 the oil "filter" is a mesh screen that should be cleaned every oil change. If it has one of those make sure it's shiny and in good shape. Alot of oil gets pushed through that screen...

Kevint

Equipment
B6000DT, B6000E
Dec 6, 2010
Ely, England
My rebuilt B6100E has a 18lbs oil pressure ? . the engine was completely rebuilt. She runs great with no rattling so I thought it may be the Light not working properly , During the rebuild I rewired the tractor completely with new oil sending switch also ? . The manual shows an oil pressure adjustment nut? Close to the oil filter ? again I can't find it so HELP !. Or this oil pressure for the three cylinders ok ? Thanks GT
I have the same problem, tried changing oil and pressure switch twice. I also have rewired the tractor so I am now wondering if that phrase holds the key. The tractors works ok and there is no rattling even after a couple hours on rotavator. so that would suggest that the crank/ big end is not low on pressure.
I have not however fitted a pressure guage.
The tractor was a basket case when i got it so I never ran it untill it was restored. I did not strip the engine as it had run prior to me getting the tractor.
I will let you now if I find anything.

Kevint

Equipment
B6000DT, B6000E
Dec 6, 2010
Ely, England
Problem solved - Missing plug in the end of the cam - about four hours work and circa £20 for a plug and the front cover gasket from local dealer.

Quite straight forward - no need to alter the timing- just watch out for the two springs near the fuel pump.