Oil Filter prices

tenn

Nov 23, 2014
Tennessee
Any suggestions on the best oil filter prices for RTV 900? Found a 6 pack on ebay with shipping about 37.00 - but it is an off brand.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Any suggestions on the best oil filter prices for RTV 900? Found a 6 pack on ebay with shipping about 37.00 - but it is an off brand.
For the duration and protection - I would buy them from Kubota. Not to say that others do not make good filters............but if I need a new "heart" I would not want a off-brand one !!

My filters run less than 12 bucks a pop - or something like that, and since the first one lasted almost a year (50 hours) I can skip that one cup of coffee a month to pay for that one.

Tried Messicks?

http://www.messicks.com/partdetail/HH150-32430.aspx
or

colemans?

http://www.colemanequip.com/parts/KubotaParts/HH150-32430/184

true - 10 bucks a pop - so they cost about 5 DOLLARS more than the off brands......I would not save that 5 bucks!:)

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
I'm with 85Hokie,
The extra 5.00 bucks helps me sleep at night,,:D I've seen a few bad filters in my day.......;)Some things just need to be right.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I use NAPA brand oil filters -same as WIX - and have never had a problem. My tractor is 33 years old though.:cool: I used Kubota filters for the first few changes.

tenn

Nov 23, 2014
Tennessee
If the Kubota filters were made in the states I would buy them. They are made in China, same as the off brand ones.

Pappy

May 13, 2013
Dallas, Texas
I really don't understand the mindset of buying a $12,000 machine and worrying about saving $5.00 on an oil filter that probably gets changed twice a year at most.

I would assume that if money was that tight you wouldn't wave bought an RTV900 in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
If the Kubota filters were made in the states I would buy them. They are made in China, same as the off brand ones.

See the mindset here is that China make shyty products.....not true!
Back in the day , everything was made in Japan or Taiwan.....and we considered that junk too.

It is NOT the Chinese making junk - it is the simple fact that those companies (american) wish to make as much as possible on a product and will do anything possible to get there, sure the labor is cheaper, sure the working conditions suck, but WE americans dont care - we are cheap too (unless you are willing to pay for something real )

the thing is - China like any other country WILL make anything that we wish, oil filters too , AS LONG As they follow the specifications to the letter.....
Now if you want an oil filter to spin on and cardboard filtering media - China can make that, however - if the KUBOTA filters are made in China - I hope that THOSE kubota specifications are meet to the letter.

All the people here would rather pay for something that has a long history of being well made as opposed to buying something american made that is not the quality of the original product.

If you go into Harbor Freight tools - would you buy a tool that your life depended upon is use? O hell no............would I go in there to buy a $4 hammer that will be used and abused....yes......

Some things that HF make are fine and cheap - others are cheap and are not bad.

The point that I am trying to make is that is not about who is making it - rather than WHO is designing them and who's QA are you following??

I will go to the Kubota store or Messicks or Colemans and get my filters.....cause if anything goes wrong - at least I followed their protocol, even though others have stated that a company cannot void a warranty due to different brands of filters...........

it is your $5 ......spend it were you wish!:)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Sales rep from hastings stated they replaced a caterpillar engine due to a filter failure.
This tells me two things,that i can say in one sentence: hastings stands behind their failing filters.
Tough choice.
But oil filters do in fact fail, not all-but most.