Oil Change L175

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Going to do an oil change on my L175, not the engine, but the rest of it.
Since I'm not where the tractor is and I don't have my manual handy just wondering about type and capacity.
Reason I ask type is because I'm sure there are newer and better products out there today.
Capacity. If I remember right the same fluid is used for everything except the engine, and it's filled at the large screw cap behind the shift lever and the level is checked at a small plug behind the clutch pedal.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Can’t help with the quantity question but see if tractor data has it.

The fill is where you describe top behind shifters.

There are several drain points. One or two large ones on the bottom. Then on or two on the rear drive gear housing, on inside near the bottom.

Your manual would state something like 80 wt gear oil but you should use something like UDT. I used Tractor Supply Universal tractor fluid. I suggest you get a 5 gallon pail and a pump that fits into the nozzle, much easier than trying to pour it. The fenders, seat, shift levers all compete to see who can make it most difficult.

From memory my L185 takes about 7 gallons so I bought a 5 gallon and 2 gallon pail. Even the 2 gallon bottle was difficult so I poured it into the 5 gallon pail and pumped it in. No fuss no mess.

I believe you will have a plug in the side to tell you that you are full. Near the clutch pedal and may be painted red.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mwood1129

Equipment
Kubota l175
Nov 28, 2021
Usa
I also have a L175
Make sure to drain all the fluid. There are three drain plugs and a filter screen . One plug is about center of tractor and the other two are one each side of the deferential. I used universal tractor fluid in mine with no issues . About 6 gallons is what mine took .