Offset Tiller for BX

Idahomestead

May 22, 2022
Idaho
I recently acquired a BX23s and have really enjoyed it. I am wanting to get a tiller for garden prep and putting in a new lawn and have question I can’t seem find a good answer to. Most of the information I see about tillers recommends one that will cover the back wheels. However tillers are expensive and I would like to be able to use this implement for a larger tractor (ie an LX2610) if I end up upgrading in the future. Im looking at a King Kutter. What do you think of offset vs center tiller for a BX?

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
I have always had a tiller that was wide enough to cover my wheel width. I currently have a bx 2370-1 using 48" tiller. My way of thinking is the wider the quicker it gets done ?? As long as the tractor can handle it go big.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I used to run a 5' tiller ,offset on 6' tracked tractor. the left tractor 'rut' became the PATH to access the 5' wide veggie beds. fewer weeds in the paths ,probably cause it was compressed a bit ...

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
I have a Tar River 50" tiller for my BX23S. Very Happy with it. I do not think the BX could handle any thing wider. It does a wonderful job The soil turns out very fine. Mine is the standard forward rotation and also is a gear drive. I would purchase it again in a heartbeat. Good Luck.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The old rule of thumb was one foot of PTO attachment for 5HP of PTO so you would be pretty good to go with a 40 incher, could you go larger you might be able to sure, but at what cost? You might run for years with a bigger unit and never have a problem maybe not though, ground, and how you run things all have a lot to do with it,, just my .02

Last edited:

Idahomestead

May 22, 2022
Idaho
Does anyone have problems with their offset tiller? I’m planning on a 48in model and can’t decide if I should get a centered one or an offset tiller so that I can use it on larger tractors in the future

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Does anyone have problems with their offset tiller? I’m planning on a 48in model and can’t decide if I should get a centered one or an offset tiller so that I can use it on larger tractors in the future
Offset anything is nice. It allows you to operate closer to fences and other obstacles.

Reactions: 1 user