Offset mower for rear either pto or separate motor

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Ok, I have looked around and not seen much in the way of a side rear mower. Does anyone have photos of there custom work. I currently have a 60" mmm on my b2920 but would like to attach a rear deck that is offset. I currently have a 50" walk being mower at my disposal. I would love to be able to take a 110" swath of cutting area. Please post photos and ideas. It doesn't matter if it is run off the rear pto or under it's own power but I would prefer it hook to the 3pt for stability

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
I have a 54 inch tow behind that I pull offset behind my cub cadet, I mow just over 7 ft a pass. Set up so that there is about a 4-5 inch overlap in a straight line pull. Has it's own 16 hp Kohler opposed twin engine. Can mow a circle around a telephone pole with out stopping. Cut my mowing time by 2/3, Love it! Don't have any pics will have to work on that.
Pretty simple set-up, 4 wheel/front swivel/caster design. One key to mowing close around things like trees and poles is to also offset the hitch on the tractor, my "drawbar" is extended to about the outside edge of the left rear tire.

KenB2920

Equipment
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Excellent!!! Not the other part that concerns me. I am have a hard time understanding why / how the mower stays offset and doesn't center intself behind the tractor. As soon as I come up with the proper concept And I understand this, I will start my project

KenB2920

Equipment
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Well it was spur of the moment. I just happened to be checking searchtempest "craigslist" and found a swisher 60" offset mower. It needs a little TLC but should hopefully do the trick. It currently is not running. I have tonto a little tinkering. It has a key start so I have to run through some wires. However I did pick it up for $345.00 soni can't complain.

Inpicked it up today and hope to have her up and running soon. This will give me 120" cut now....