OEM supplied hoses, are they any good, what pressure?

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Kubota supplied hoses, are they any good, what pressure?

I have read that the OEM supplied hoses are possibly a bit light and it's worth having hoses made up. I have replaced a couple of worn ones on the 4 in 1 before and the WP was around 5000 psi, compared to 2500 psi for the OEM hoses. A couple more hoses have just failed, I'm considering ordering a fair whack of them to change out. Ordering by OEM part number and getting exact hoses so I can simply change out a couple at a time has it's advantages, against having to take all the hoses off and have someone make them up. Are the supplied OEM hoses any better these days than the original supplied hoses? I have just blown 2 main boom hoses where they exit the loader valve and join to the solid piping on the boom, they look great on the outside except for the oil pissing out of the outer sheath in many areas. The other 2 to the bucket appear to be the same make/configuration. I'm guessing if I replace all these, the hoses to the cylinders will go next. It appears the backhoe hoses are 3000 psi rated. Does anyone know what OEM supplied hoses are rated at now?

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
The last tim i went through hose replacement,first one started leaking-i pulled the whole works and had new ones made.
Age, use,heat and time outdoors all play a part in deterioration.
Here in the country where spreading salt on the snow covered highways and trailering on said roads will eat the wire braids in the hose. Failure waiting to happen.
I dont even save the old ones that havent failed.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Thanks Frank, I know I'm probably up for the lot eventually, but I'm really wondering about the quality/pressure ratings of the Kubota supplied hoses.(and I don't have salt to contend with, relatively warm dry environment)