Not directly tractor related, but right to repair

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Sorry meant 2021
Hi Ridelight,

My 2021 Camaro is a RS with 3LT trim, most other options, and the 3.6 V6. I bought it as a daily driver to replace the Cadillac ATS my daughter is using so I wanted something that used 87 octane and sipped fuel.

You will love the SS! I have the LT4 (supercharged version of the 6.2L) in my 2016 Corvette Z06 and the naturally aspirated version of the 6.2 also has plenty of power and won't drink quite as much fuel as the forced induction version.

My ONLY complaint with the Camaro platform is visibility past the rear pillar is a bit of a pain. The mirrors and side zone warning are fine when driving down the road but there is one route I often take that terminates at Route 66 with the intersection at an odd angle instead of a typical T and I have to pull the Camaro at an odd angle to have a clear view of traffic before turning onto that road. That is the ONLY specific spot where it is an issue and it is due to the angle where the feeder road meets 66, any normal intersection (like a standard T) is fine. So if you see complaints in reviews about visibility, don't worry because it only occurs under a very unusual set of conditions and it is easy to choose an angle for the car so that you are meeting the crossroad at nearly 90 degrees like you would a normal intersection.

Everything in the vehicle market is over-priced right now due to shortages so a lot depends upon how badly you want it RIGHT NOW. Prices are crazy due to shortages with dealers demanding significant markup over sticker price on most cars and trucks but that isn't going to last and in a few months it will be a very different deal. I bought my RS just as the pandemic was getting off to a good start and with no trade, after negotiation along with GM card cash and discounts they were providing for educators and current GM car owners I wrote a check for 18K under sticker and drove away tax included. Those sorts of deals aren't going to happen anytime soon because the pandemic caused an unexpectedly high drop in demand and high inventory resulting in a low price even though I ordered mine instead of buying one off the lot. But prices are going to be dropping a lot very soon so you have to decide whether you want to be the guy who paid a lot more than people will be paying shortly.

I am not the patient sort, I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my Kubota F2690 front mower, the "tractor" part is at the dealer but due to supply chain issues the deck won't be available until early next month. I will be mowing my 5.5 acres once again tomorrow with my tried and true Deere 955 compact with midmount deck but hopefully I won't be mowing with it many more times before my new Kubota arrives.

Good luck with your decision! You will love the Camaro but try not to pay too much for it.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Hi Ridelight,

My 2021 Camaro is a RS with 3LT trim, most other options, and the 3.6 V6. I bought it as a daily driver to replace the Cadillac ATS my daughter is using so I wanted something that used 87 octane and sipped fuel.

You will love the SS! I have the LT4 (supercharged version of the 6.2L) in my 2016 Corvette Z06 and the naturally aspirated version of the 6.2 also has plenty of power and won't drink quite as much fuel as the forced induction version.

My ONLY complaint with the Camaro platform is visibility past the rear pillar is a bit of a pain. The mirrors and side zone warning are fine when driving down the road but there is one route I often take that terminates at Route 66 with the intersection at an odd angle instead of a typical T and I have to pull the Camaro at an odd angle to have a clear view of traffic before turning onto that road. That is the ONLY specific spot where it is an issue and it is due to the angle where the feeder road meets 66, any normal intersection (like a standard T) is fine. So if you see complaints in reviews about visibility, don't worry because it only occurs under a very unusual set of conditions and it is easy to choose an angle for the car so that you are meeting the crossroad at nearly 90 degrees like you would a normal intersection.

Everything in the vehicle market is over-priced right now due to shortages so a lot depends upon how badly you want it RIGHT NOW. Prices are crazy due to shortages with dealers demanding significant markup over sticker price on most cars and trucks but that isn't going to last and in a few months it will be a very different deal. I bought my RS just as the pandemic was getting off to a good start and with no trade, after negotiation along with GM card cash and discounts they were providing for educators and current GM car owners I wrote a check for 18K under sticker and drove away tax included. Those sorts of deals aren't going to happen anytime soon because the pandemic caused an unexpectedly high drop in demand and high inventory resulting in a low price even though I ordered mine instead of buying one off the lot. But prices are going to be dropping a lot very soon so you have to decide whether you want to be the guy who paid a lot more than people will be paying shortly.

I am not the patient sort, I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my Kubota F2690 front mower, the "tractor" part is at the dealer but due to supply chain issues the deck won't be available until early next month. I will be mowing my 5.5 acres once again tomorrow with my tried and true Deere 955 compact with midmount deck but hopefully I won't be mowing with it many more times before my new Kubota arrives.

Good luck with your decision! You will love the Camaro but try not to pay too much for it.
Thanks, the sticker is 59k they want 61 but they will ceramic coat it for that. Its a convertable as well. Red black top the adrenalin red interior.

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Thanks, the sticker is 59k they want 61 but they will ceramic coat it for that. Its a convertable as well. Red black top the adrenalin red interior.
Ridelght, Sounds like a beauty with that color combo and a convertible! I can see how it would be hard to resist along with that new car smell :)

This was my 2016 Z06 at and exiting the NCM after delivery. My daughter (then 12) got to ride out of the museum in it while I watched because the owner isn't allowed to drive it until museum personnel take it outside of the building. At least I was allowed to start it before it left the Corvette Museum.

NZ1W8936.JPG
NZ1W8935.JPG
NZ1W8955.JPG

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
That is beautiful !!!!! A neighbor has a grand sport but i never asked how he likes it. 2017 i think. Im not sure i like the c8......
Thats a sweet color.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
That is beautiful !!!!! A neighbor has a grand sport but i never asked how he likes it. 2017 i think. Im not sure i like the c8......
Thats a sweet color.
This is the 1 im looking at
1657403119940.png

Reactions: 1 users

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
This is my favorite generation ever of the Camaro, nice aerodynamic styling with a platform that handles very well. They did a great job with interior design with a European influenced functional style instead of the techno glitz that is the style of so many current vehicles. It is a beauty and I really like the wheel style also.

The C8 style hasn't grown on me yet either and I will admit I haven't tried to convince myself to switch to it. But in the future that might change since it will likely be the last gas powered generation and my daughter received a presidential scholarship to the private university she will be attending this fall so her academic talents saved me far more than the cost of the car :)

But right now, I am not pulling anything out of my investment accounts in a down market. I like the Kubota front mount mower more than the competing Deere product and the 0% for 36 months on Kubota commercial mowers sealed the deal because I would rather use Kubota's money than mine until the market recovers.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
This is my favorite generation ever of the Camaro, nice aerodynamic styling with a platform that handles very well. They did a great job with interior design with a European influenced functional style instead of the techno glitz that is the style of so many current vehicles. It is a beauty and I really like the wheel style also.

The C8 style hasn't grown on me yet either and I will admit I haven't tried to convince myself to switch to it. But in the future that might change since it will likely be the last gas powered generation and my daughter received a presidential scholarship to the private university she will be attending this fall so her academic talents saved me far more than the cost of the car :)

But right now, I am not pulling anything out of my investment accounts in a down market. I like the Kubota front mount mower more than the competing Deere product and the 0% for 36 months on Kubota commercial mowers sealed the deal because I would rather use Kubota's money than mine until the market recovers.
im with you on money. Ive spent too much this year, but I sure like that Camaro. The dealer added those wheels off another package. The car has every option including magnetic ride.
I'm talking myself into it as I have a 01 WS6 6 speed and I'm tired of shifting. LS1 engine. but id sell it after I bought the Camaro if I do.
Like you I have many vehicles, but I agree about gas engines too. I bought a new Kubota, but I paid cash in February. Thats fine wasn't investments, savings I retired don't want payments. But zero is enticing. G.M has 2.9 but in a down market hard to get more than that if invest the same money.
Thats my dilemma........

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
im with you on money. Ive spent too much this year, but I sure like that Camaro. The dealer added those wheels off another package. The car has every option including magnetic ride.
I'm talking myself into it as I have a 01 WS6 6 speed and I'm tired of shifting. LS1 engine. but id sell it after I bought the Camaro if I do.
Like you I have many vehicles, but I agree about gas engines too. I bought a new Kubota, but I paid cash in February. Thats fine wasn't investments, savings I retired don't want payments. But zero is enticing. G.M has 2.9 but in a down market hard to get more than that if invest the same money.
Thats my dilemma........
I know what you mean about shifting getting old AND there is no way anyone can out shift a well designed modern electronically controlled automatic. I briefly considered a manual for my 2016 Corvette but chose the auto instead. Shifting faster/better than a modern automatic is like trying to out brake a good ABS implementation, no matter how good you are you can't control each wheel independently like the ABS system :)

Good luck on your buying decision! And hopefully Kubota builds and ships the deck soon so I will have my new F2690 for part of the summer/fall mowing season. We finally got some decent rain in central IL after nothing but dry.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I know what you mean about shifting getting old AND there is no way anyone can out shift a well designed modern electronically controlled automatic. I briefly considered a manual for my 2016 Corvette but chose the auto instead. Shifting faster/better than a modern automatic is like trying to out brake a good ABS implementation, no matter how good you are you can't control each wheel independently like the ABS system :)

Good luck on your buying decision! And hopefully Kubota builds and ships the deck soon so I will have my new F2690 for part of the summer/fall mowing season. We finally got some decent rain in central IL after nothing but dry.
Yeah, i was impatient, bought more than needed because it was on the lot. Very dry here in Ohio. The company i left had a satelite facilty in Addison. Illionois is nice.
Thanks for your advice.