No support

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Years back I bought a used Diesel Rabbit. Ran great, but after a few days I noticed that the fuel gauge didn't work and when I made a left turn the engine stumbled and lost power. Called the dealer I bought it from and they ordered a new fuel tank sensor/pickup. I volunteered to replace the unit myself (easy, inspection plate in the trunk, 5 or 6 screws, turn the lock ring, unplug the wires and lift the unit out).

Upon lifting the unit out I shone a light in the tank to see how much fuel I had. There was a half tank, about 5 gallons, but in the low part of the tank was this brown/green blob, looked like spoiled liver, that moved if you shook the car.

I drained the tank and used paper towels to remove the blob. It was algae, which was new to me. I cleaned the tank, blew out the lines, replaced the sending unit and fuel filter and ran that diesel Rabbit for another 200K before I sold it. It seem that when I made a turn, the blob covered the fuel inlet sock, cutting off fuel supply. The "blob" was over 1 quart in volume.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I've read how you've added products to the fuel, but I've yet to read that you've added a biocide to the tank.
It works completely different than a booster/ cleaner like you say you've been using.

SOLTRON, NOT startron

Check with any boat place or I get it at NAPA.

BioBor JF is the algaecide most commonly used in the marine diesel world.
Used it for 11 years in 900 gallon total marine capacity.
Never an algae issue,..... and every bacteria known to man thrives in Florida!

Reactions: 1 user

Anvil HB

Equipment
B2630 LX2610
Jul 29, 2020
Ocala Fl.
I have an (2005) B2630 and a (2020) LX2610. Both came from the Ocala dealer. The B2630 will stall and put out the gray smoke ect. The issue on this unit is the Gray hard plastic tube that comes out of the air filter housing. You have a new tractor give or take a few months and low hours. My issue started 3 years ago, the gray tube has lost it's stiffness ( ?? ) and will try to close up at the elbow where it turns to the front and sits on top of the radiator, not getting enough air. When your issue starts pop the hood and look at the air filter area.