No quotes being given now

Fussion101

Jun 13, 2021
North Jersey
I didn't realize how bad the inventory situation is right now. I went to Messicks in PA to get a quote on a LX2610. They had two in crates not spoken for but no implements(FEL/BH) at all with no ETA. Salesperson was reluctant to give me a quote to purchase. Didnt want to go over my build. I don't mind waiting in line to get one. But seems like it's a complete stop sale. They can't make a sale if there's nothing to be delivered was the gist of the conversation.

Based on what I've read on this forum. Doesn't look like it's going to get better until implement production ramps up. Won't be a Kubota owner for another year or two I guess.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
As someone noted, some dealers still have tractors, but you may have to drive or have them delivered. As others have also noted, some models are available and some are not. Since there is overlap between models, looking at a different model might make a difference for you.

Sites like http://www.TractorHouse.com are a good place to look.

Good luck!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I didn't realize how bad the inventory situation is right now. I went to Messicks in PA to get a quote on a LX2610. They had two in crates not spoken for but no implements(FEL/BH) at all with no ETA. Salesperson was reluctant to give me a quote to purchase. Didnt want to go over my build. I don't mind waiting in line to get one. But seems like it's a complete stop sale. They can't make a sale if there's nothing to be delivered was the gist of the conversation.

Based on what I've read on this forum. Doesn't look like it's going to get better until implement production ramps up. Won't be a Kubota owner for another year or two I guess.
Word from both of the two dealers that I frequent (different Kubota factory sales representatives) is that the supply situation is not expected to improve much for at least a year.

SDT

Reactions: 1 users

check 6

Equipment
BX 2680 FEL and pallet forks aerator ZD1211, RTV500
Apr 8, 2019
Seguin, Texas
Ewald Kubota ( stores centered around San Antonio Texas) has some inventory ..... they have eleven separate facilities and they are good people to deal with

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I had no problem purchasing a B2601 with a loader and MMM recently from a nearby dealer. I suggest calling a few dealers if you haven't already. Maybe I was lucky (a rare occurrence). Good luck.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I went there as well and we had the same conversation. I did buy elsewhere, look around. I believe that Messicks is a good dealer and some wait time may be worth it, but business is business.

Reactions: 1 user

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I’ve gone out of my way to purchase parts from Messicks because I find their videos informative and helpful for the community.
However, for a tractor purchase, you gave them the opportunity and if they can’t deliver a tractor in your timeframe/schedule, I’d definitely consider alternative dealers and/or pre-owned.

Mike

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I’ll add...my local dealer lost a sale (I’ve bought two new tractors from them). I emailed, then called for a quote on a ZT and they didn’t get back to me. I bought an alternative product the following week. Sadly, when I visited the dealer last week, they had several in stock.
Ultimately, it worked out for me, I got 15% off MSRP on the ZT I really wanted. I just didn’t necessarily want to spend that much money.

Mike

Reactions: 1 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Our local dealer had a Spring sales event in May. They sold 27 machines in 24 hours. Many of those folks are still waiting for machines or implements. Very very busy time for buying tractors.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
My local dealer (NJ) has machines finally trickling in, but now their problem is getting loaders. and they wont sell them without loaders.

D

Deleted member 47704

You guys are making me nervous about getting a tractor this year.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

That's almost the exact opposite of my story. I went to two dealers near me and got that same treatment. Emailed my configuration to Messicks and got an immediate response. - they had an L3901 and loader in a crate. Next day I drove up to talk to them in person and sign a sales order. Saw a new L3901 sitting on the lot. Was told it was also available but they would have to put a different loader (still in crate) on it. Only difference in the two tractors were the tires - the one on the lot had R1's and I wanted R4's but I could get the one with R1's in a couple days and over a week for the other. I decided to wait for the crated machine which was assembled and delivered on time roughly a week later as promised. I was told the other machine sold a few days after I passed on it. Prior to visiting the dealers I looked at a used L3901 with 170 hours on it - like it just came off the lot. I could have bought that the day I looked at it. Messicks sold teh machine I passed on a few days later and the last I looked the used machine was still for sale two weeks later.

Dan

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I didn't stop, but drove by my dealer the other day and noticed a very bare looking lot. They had some equipment, but not much.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Here at work, we have an order in for 10 trucks and 10 service vans. We have been told the earliest to expect them is late this fall, more likely 1st quarter of next year.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Saturday I went by a Kubota dealership and a Mahindra dealership.

Kubota had 2 new tractors on the lot. Bet there was 10-12 a couple weeks ago. Several used tractors, various brands.

Mahindra had just one new tractor, and nothing else that I noticed.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Something to keep in mind about shortages: There is a global microchip shortage that's contributing to a lot of things not being available, on top of everything else.

So that means not only computers and phones, but cars, tractors, refrigerators (since everything is "smart" today), etc. are likely to be in shorter supply, since they all need chips.

According to Intel, this isn't likely to be resolved soon

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: There is a global microchip shortage .... well only IF you use Intel chips.....
I stopped using them 3 decades ago....have never had a 'supply issue'. If no local supply(rare), MFR ships direct from Thailand to me, UPS, 1 week or less delivery.

BTW local Kubota dealer has LOTS of 'orange' on the lot......

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
My dealer is going out of there way with implements. IF you buy the tractor they will haul it both ways for free when the implement comes in if it needs installing. Might be worth a thought if you use it for more than just loader work ect.

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
In the end, don't feel bad if you buy it somewhere else. Dealers (at least car) make nearly 50% of profit from parts and service which includes warranty work. A good dealer will still be more than happy to take care of you after the fact.