No pallet forks no problem

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I sold my wood chipper, and had to figure out how to move it without taken off the back hoe, and no pallet forks. I think worked out nicely.
IMG_5572.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I made a lifting bar, just a piece of rectangular steel tubing for lifts. I take the QA tapered pins out, a 2 minute job, and it bolts in place. If nothing else it saves the weight of the front end bucket or forks, and keeps the two hyd arms working in tandem.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Ahh yes, a fine workaround. However, invest in a good quality set of pallet forks and your life will never be the same.

Reactions: 3 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I made a lifting bar, just a piece of rectangular steel tubing for lifts. I take the QA tapered pins out, a 2 minute job, and it bolts in place. If nothing else it saves the weight of the front end bucket or forks, and keeps the two hyd arms working in tandem.

Nice "work-around" !

Ahh yes, a fine workaround. However, invest in a good quality set of pallet forks and your life will never be the same.
This +1 :)

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I am almost done with all my projects around my property that is why the chipper went away. I used it for 3 years and don't see a need for it anymore. Depending on how much longer my project goes on, I may just sell the tractor also. If I keep it for some reason I might get a set of forks.

The person buying the chipper didn't have anybody to help load it, and was a little older than me, and I am old. So I came up with this idea to get it on his trailer and strapped down.