No Lights When You Turn Key-Kubota M4050

Airgator

Equipment
Kubota M4050
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
If you turn the key on my tractor nothing happens. No lights.
The battery is fully charged. On one occasion I was putting the battery cable back on
the battery and there were sparks. Could I Have zapped something?
I replaced the fuses. The fuses are confusing because they are very hard to read. I have only
gone by the label on the plastic bag to know which is which.
If it isn't the fuses, what could it be?
Tractor Fuse 1.jpg
Tractor Fuse 2.jpg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
1st step... get a real wiring diagram for the tractor, last made in 1985 according to tractordata.

Someone at some time has 'bodged' the wiring....so telling you what IS wrong is dang near impossible.
2nd fuse does nothing...
4th fuse does nothing....

sparks should not happen when reconnecting the battery, unless key was in the 'on' position.

you should clean that fuse panel and wiring,after that then you can trace(follow) he wires based on their colour.

Reactions: 1 user

Airgator

Equipment
Kubota M4050
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
1st step... get a real wiring diagram for the tractor, last made in 1985 according to tractordata.

Someone at some time has 'bodged' the wiring....so telling you what IS wrong is dang near impossible.
2nd fuse does nothing...

sparks should not happen when reconnecting the battery, unless key was in the 'on' position.

you should clean that fuse panel and wiring,after that then you can trace(follow) he wires based on their colour.
Thank you.

Airgator

Equipment
Kubota M4050
Jan 22, 2022
Florida

2nd fuse does nothing...

I should have mentioned that they switched alternators. The original Kubota alternator has a separate generator. They switched to an AC Delco with a built-in generator...so I guess the wiring reflects that.