No cranking-but will start by jumping starter

flogler

Equipment
2017 BX23s
Dec 18, 2019
Debary, FL. USA
I worked the tractor hard yesterday in the heat. Took a break from the heat and although turned off tractor was sitting in direct sun. Came out a hour later and it wouldn't crank. Washed the dirt and dust off the tractor thinking it might need to cool down, didn't touch engine)and no luck. Crossed the terminals on starter and it fired up. Engine fluids are good. Today after sitting inside all night it still wouldn't crank. Checked hydraulic level in the back and its not on stick. I'll pick up hydraulic oil tomorrow and let it sit for today. Is there a sensor on level that wouldn't let it crank? Yes, I had leakage coming from the quick release manifold on the FEL. That has now been corrected. I didn't think I lost thaaat much oil. Without looking at manual what is capacity of hydraulic in the rear? I'm almost ready for 200 hour service(had complete service at 160)I'm at 198 now. Thanks for suggestions.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
It sounds kind of like one of the safety switches may be keeping it from starting. Did you disengage the PTO, depress the clutch, sit in the seat, shift to neutral, etc? I always like to start with the easily overlooked "dumb" stuff.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
You need to check your safety switches. My Wheelhorse did this yesterday. I could jump the solenoid and start it but the key would not start it. The safety switch under the seat was bad. Now it is gone. Soldered the wires together so the problem should never come back.