Next newbie question

elimsprint

Equipment
Kubota Sunshine ZL1-235 with tiller, FEL and 60" box blade
Feb 23, 2023
Kelowna, BC, Canada
It’s less than ideal, but Google tranlate in your phone will allow you to scan kanji and with that you could read your manual…some of terms / comments will be some bastard sentence (jinglish)…but short of speaking the language and knowing the technical terms that’s your best option IMO. It’s definitely better than translator that doesn’t have the technical terms. It’s not a subsitute for dialect or local slang, but Google translate works in a pinch and it’s free…try going to a hospital overseas where you don’t speak the language in an emergency and they don’t take you in until you can fill out the paperwork. Anyway give it a try if want to read the manual or if another US model/manual is not a match to the controls in your machine.
I tried the phone thing and it sort of translated parts of the manual but not enough that I could make any sense of it but thanks for the tip.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
There is probably a lot of jinglish as there may not be characters that match the English words you or I would use…for that matter the characters were around before the tractor. So on technical items it can be a crapshoot in my experience. A lot of the time when speaking Japanese and a technical term is need they will use English word in speaking as there is not an equivalent.