Newbie Transmission Fluid Question

grol2011

Equipment
B2620, LA364, BH65, ECHO SC5540, LP RCR1248, LP RTA1242
Oct 31, 2011
Penryn, CA
Took delivery of new B2620 two weeks ago and have just shy of 8 hours on it. Before starting it yesterday I checked the transmission fluid level and it wasn't wet on the dipstick. Wasn't sure if check was hot or cold so I ran it for a few minutes, turned it off, and checked it again. There was a little fluid on the stick when I pulled it but none after wiping it off, reinserting, and pulling again.

Is it normal to use a little transmission fluid during first hours of break in period?

Hoping someone out there can provide some guidance on the issue. THX.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Took delivery of new B2620 two weeks ago and have just shy of 8 hours on it. Before starting it yesterday I checked the transmission fluid level and it wasn't wet on the dipstick. Wasn't sure if check was hot or cold so I ran it for a few minutes, turned it off, and checked it again. There was a little fluid on the stick when I pulled it but none after wiping it off, reinserting, and pulling again.

Is it normal to use a little transmission fluid during first hours of break in period?

Hoping someone out there can provide some guidance on the issue. THX.
No, It is not normal. But does it have a loader? If it does, and the dealer didn't cycle the loader and recheck the hyd oil level then it could be down a couple liters.
Ed

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I was tought to lower all things attached rather it was FEL or something on the 3pt hitch. Your fluid should fall between the hash marks on the dip stick either cold or warm.

grol2011

Equipment
B2620, LA364, BH65, ECHO SC5540, LP RCR1248, LP RTA1242
Oct 31, 2011
Penryn, CA
I have the LA364 Front Loader. Both the FL and the implement on the PTO (SC5540) were lowered completely when I checked the fluid with the machine off.

I'll contact the dealer.

Appreciate the quick replies on the post! Thanks!!!