Newbie lesson learned about mower lifts B6200

stoutakubota

Equipment
B6200HSTD
Jul 11, 2016
Ontario Canada
Well i am not shy to admit to something stupid i did, dont sharing a laugh at myself.
So i have just finished some work on my new to me B6200 tractor with a 60" belly mower.

Ok wrestle mower back under it, hook up the pto drive shaft.

Now you need to know i had the rear wheels off and in process also had the 3 point hitch all off.

So mower is hooked up and off i go driving out garage to cut the lawn yesterday.

Now i had just done a full service, first time for me. So check to see if hydraulics work and mower does not lift.

Well i figure better go check when i am done cutting grass to see how to bleed hydraulics, lol figured it was going to be something like bleeding the injectors, which thanks to Vic for his video , i needed to do after a couple of minutes. Of course wife was not expecting this so when tractor suddenly sputtered to a stop in the middle of the yard, her faith in me as a service guy took a steep drop.

Anyhow, by the time i was done , it was dark and i was bushed from the days activities so i decided on a fresh start to see what was the issue with the mower lifting and the hydraulics.

Well i am sitting down for dinner last night and it hit me.

I had decided to leave the 3pt hitch arms etc off given i dont have any implements. But as you all know those arms are needed to lift the mower.

I felt rather stupid lol but thought i would share this episode of learning so someone else may avoid their own embarrassment.

Anyway tractor is purring much better.

Enjoy the laugh.

Cheers Rob