Newbie about to pull the trigger on an L3200

Jeffc

Apr 6, 2014
Pa
Hello everyone. I've been looking into buying a new tractor for the past few months. Never thought I would buy new, but given the relatively high prices of moderately used tractors, it looks like new is the way I will go.

The tractor is an L3200HST, FEL, R4. The best price I could manage was $18,600 out the door. Seems like no one is really willing to go further, and I've worked across a few states trying my best. No one local is willing to get with a thousand bucks. Kind of strange, but it is what it is.

The tractor will be used during our new home construction to skid logs (getting a boom pole as well, not included in price), move the previously cut and stacked wood, building our patio, and anything else I can think of. Moving forward, it will be for snow removal on our 1900' driveway, firewood duties, chipping wood (need PTO chipper), possibly for mowing the lawn. We have 5 wooded acres consisting of old growth hardwoods. Their are glacial rock deposits all over the property, some of which will be employed for the patio and other "projects".

The main question I have is about warranty issues. Since this is an out of state purchase, I am not likely going to be dealing with this dealer again. Would any dealership deal with warranty issues? I've heard that this may be a gray area. Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I bought a Kubota in Oregon, then moved to Washington. I had warranty work done, no problem.

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
They must honor it, but may not go the extra mile. Then again, they might not anyway (some dealerships suck).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Dad03

Equipment
L3200HST
Sep 17, 2011
Columbia, TN
My local dealer which is 10 miles from me was 2k higher than the next closest dealer which is 60 miles in Al. I asked the local guy how the warranty service would work. He said they can't deny warranty service but would take his customers ahead of me. Not really an issue because I can trailer back to the other dealer.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Have you called PARC's? They deliver. My customers here in CT get their Kubota's delivered from Parc's in WV....and save thousands. Give them a call.