newbe spacer question

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Your 6ft path should be 10 ft wide 'under construction', you'll hardscape to 8ft then Mother Nature will make it 6'...... ;)

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd rent an excavator,even though I own the BX23S. A 'mid' sized excavator is a LOT faster, more precise and easier to use than a TLB or loader only tractor.
The big thing is to PLAN the project at least a month in advance, hammer in LOTS of stakes(1' back from 'finish edge'), get the grades right,start at bottom, work your way up..... it'll be a fun afternoon !
The day after you stake it out..have friends, family, neighbours walk the proposed route,LISTEN to what they have to say,especially us older guys who don't like steep grades anymore.
Also, lakeside.... carve it deeper so you can add a bench or picnic table yet still walk the beach area....

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
here picture of the hill that scares me. I have the spacers on and will try the hill later when it's DRY
Good. That’s self preservation kicking in. Side hilling that looks like it’s lead to a short life expectancy.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
On my BX 2200, with I think inch and a quarter spacers, the left gage wheel assembly will just hit the tire when the deck is raised a bit above the 4 setting. I don’t think inch and a half spaces would work on mine at most deck heights.

When you say steep slope, how many degrees is that slope?

I had my four tires foam filled by an industrial tire shop to increase stability. Actually, the front were foam filled first to prevent punctures. Puts a lot of weight down where needed for stability.

My BX with the foam filled tires and the 60 inch MMM hanging down low is quite stable. This is about my limit (pucker factor) for sides slopes though. I did get off on the high side and push on the ROPS hard and it was rock solid. Of course, that was a static test. The dynamics are different when the tractor is moving. Mowing a cross slope only when it is dry is good advice.

View attachment 121752
From here, that slope looks like there’s little reason not to go straight up and down. Maybe I’m just a little more mortal that that slope would cause me to want to sideshill. But evidently it’s working so far.