NEWB - intro and question

Pote

Apr 3, 2019
'Murica
Hi everyone. Just joining the orange family. New owner of an ag farm with timber, leased crop land, wetlands and 'the meadow'. Gonna turn the meadow into a small orchard with apples, peaches and maybe pears to feed the birds and bears and maybe get 1 or 2 to eat :)

Just ordered a 2501L and one of the things the wife (director of fescue operations!) wanted is a sicklebar mower. With that, I needed a remote station installed. It's a 6 foot Enorossi Sickle FWIW.

My question is: what else can I sue the remote station for? If I want to rent an auger, does that need need the remote? I didnt get a backhoe - couldnt spare the $7000 right now. But does the backhoe use the remote? Or will I need another hydraulic connection for that?

Thx for reading and answering, Cheers y'all.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Typically, a backhoe either hooks direct to the tractor hydraulics (not the rear remote) or has it's own pump.

Some post hole diggers have a hydraulic cylinder to provide "power down" for tough digging. That would use the remote.

If you do any blade work, particularly with a box blade, a hydraulic cylinder in place of the top link will allow you to tilt the blade to adjust cutting action using the rear remote. VERY handy. When I got my B2650 I ordered a rear remote specifically for that purpose.

A rear remote can also be plumbed to the front and used for a grapple in place of a "3rd Function Kit". Not quite as handy but WAY cheaper.

You'll find other uses for it as time goes on.