New zero turn

KenKubtoa

Equipment
M7040
Sep 15, 2013
Wakeman, Oh
New to site and wanted advice on a new zero turn. I currently have a M7040 loader tractor for farm work and a 2002 ZD 21 with a 60" stamped steel deck.
The mower has been great but looking to upgrade with more power and a better ride. I currently thinking of trading in the ZD 21 for a new Zd 326 with the 60" pro deck.
I test drove a unit Saturday and have a few questions.
1. The controls lever are much more stiff then my old mower, do the get easier to move over time?
2. The seat is better than mine but still not up to the Hustler mower aire ride seat. I was thing of replacing the suspension system for a ET Air Ride seat.
I cut around pastures, pond, ditches and the bumps beat my back up pretty bad.
3. My ZX 21 is set up with bar tires and does pretty good in soft conditions. How are the stock tire and the 326 and has any body switched over to bar tire with good results?

Thanks for your comments.

KenKubota

Equipment
M7040 & loader
Sep 15, 2013
Oberlin Oh
I did test ride a Ferris with a 35 hp Briggs. The suspension did not improve the ride to any degree and when you did corners it would dip and cut lower to the outside of the corner. The engineering of the machine was very sub par. The dealer had a 10 yr old machine for sale and it really was a telling sign. Lots of rust on fasteners, just did not hold up well.