New Zero Turn Mower

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Well after not hearing from the dealer on my seat for 2 weeks I finally called them. Of course it had been delivered days ago and they just hadn't called me. This has been a real beef with this dealership. They have dropped the ball on all the little stuff (returning calls, following up on things, etc.) I got the seat and installed it yesterday evening. The suspension seat is really nice. It has what feels like a good 3 inches or so of travel, and the dial has a weight gauge on it where you dial in the seat based on your weight. It works really well. The only downside is that my seat safety switch wire is not long enough to reach the plug if you flip the seat up and let it lean all the way forward. I'm going to have to put a lanyard on it to prevent the seat from being able to fall forward or it is going to rip something loose.

Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
You could just go full redneck on it. get a new piece of hose to match the length, but then just zip tie the canister to your engine roll over bar :ROFLMAO:

No dont do that. It would look so janky, but the engine wouldnt know; it would work just fine lol. In all seriousness I think you could easily build a different mounting plate. Just kinda figure out where you need the canister to be then find a way to get it there. Sounds like youre on that track. Good luck. I mowed the other day for the first time with mine installed. My mower is brand new, but I do love the much beefier air filter. It has probably 4 times the filter area, plust the added inner air filter which acts as a protector when you need to clean or replace the outter filter. I do this same thing on my L2501 tractor - it has a very similar canister filter set up, but kubota does not include the inner filter element on the lower model L series. I added it for $20. Its good insurance. My air intake is never exposed to the dirty air box. The inner filter on my kubota seems to never get dirty. the outter filter does 99% of the work.
A little beer and a little thought!
20230413_183653.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
That actually looks better than the regular installation lol. You kept the original airbox hood I see, so you had to drill a hole in it. Is there a reason you decided to keep the hood in place, or just aesthetics? It looks good though, well done
Thank you!
I kept the hood purely out of OCD. Not only do I think it looks better, but I could see the empty cavity being a repository for debris. I bored a 2.5 inch hole on top and a 1/2" hole on the side to access the hose clamp screw.