New tractor purchase

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Just bought a 3302. My dealer had a few 3902 in stock so hopefully soon.

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Dealer should have some idea…keep in mind certain parts might hold things up.

Mountainhill

Equipment
l2501 (l3800 2013/22), Box Blade, post hole digger, Leon's rear blade
Apr 3, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada
I ordered a 3902 tlb mid may. I was wondering how long it may be before I see my machine.
I also ordered Mid-May, a l2501, salesman had a few on order, tractor arrived last week!
Issue now, tires, I’d prefer R-1’s, but only R-14’s available, and hard to come by. Loader LA526 still on order.
Once components arrive, tractor can be un-crated and final assembled, when shop time permits/scheduled.
You want to know when tractor will be delivered to your yard!
With labour shortages and supply chain issues, it may be a longer wait, than I had hoped for.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I also ordered Mid-May, a l2501, salesman had a few on order, tractor arrived last week!
Issue now, tires, I’d prefer R-1’s, but only R-14’s available, and hard to come by. Loader LA526 still on order.
Once components arrive, tractor can be un-crated and final assembled, when shop time permits/scheduled.
With labour shortages and supply chain issues, it may be a longer wait, than I had hoped for.
You won't have a hard time trading your R14s for R1s. Congrats on the purchase!

New orange

Equipment
L3902
May 26, 2022
Nwct
The dealer where I ordered has 2 or 3 2501’s on the lot. Not sure where you are located.

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
I'm also new to the Orange Tractor Craze. Not my first tractor by a long shot but my first Kubota. I was leaning towards a L3302 but decided to sacrifice a few horse power and go with the L2501 to avoid the DPF filter and possible extra expenses down the road when it needs repairs.
I recently committed to purchase an L2501 HST the day after it arrived in the crate. I was wanting R-14's which they had on hand and installed on the tractor so I could check it out and drive it before making a down payment. My biggest concern was the whining of the HST. A friend of mine has a New Holland and it just screams. Defenitly a deal breaker for me. The L2501 was tolerable but louder then my JD, so I bit the bullet and moved forward with it's purchase. Now I'm waiting on the LA526 loader which they claim have been on order and should arrive soon. That was about 4 weeks ago. I also purchased a third function valve and Titan pallet forks to go along with the tractor. Hopefully once the loader arrives it will only be 2 or 3 weeks before assembly is complete. My salesman mentioned they were running behind.
Next up is a Wicked 55 grapple. Another long wait. All in all the wait will be worth it. Meanwhile I have my Dad's Ford 841 and my old JD 655 4x4 to handle the chores until the L2501 arrives.

Reactions: 2 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Welcome to the forum. So many great and experienced people here.

MountainMeadows

Equipment
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
Welcome to the forum. So many great and experienced people here.
Thanks for the welcome!
I've been lurking for a while gathering info while making a decision on which tractor I wanted. Kubota won out over JD for a few different reasons. One being the 3 speed range HST over JD's 2 speed Range HST. Another was the weight factor.
I have been eyeballing Kubota's for over 20 years.......lol. My Wife mentioned I could look into a new tractor after our daughter's school loan was paid off. Funny thing was, once the loan was paid off she didn't remember anything about that.
I prefer JD's 2 pedal set up over Kubota's treddle pedal but figure I'll get used to it. I noticed when test driving the tractor that the treddle pedal takes quite a bit of effort to depress it in either forward or reverse. Anyone know if there is an an adjustment on the pedal to lessen the effort?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thanks for the welcome!
I've been lurking for a while gathering info while making a decision on which tractor I wanted. Kubota won out over JD for a few different reasons. One being the 3 speed range HST over JD's 2 speed Range HST. Another was the weight factor.
I have been eyeballing Kubota's for over 20 years.......lol. My Wife mentioned I could look into a new tractor after our daughter's school loan was paid off. Funny thing was, once the loan was paid off she didn't remember anything about that.
I prefer JD's 2 pedal set up over Kubota's treddle pedal but figure I'll get used to it. I noticed when test driving the tractor that the treddle pedal takes quite a bit of effort to depress it in either forward or reverse. Anyone know if there is an an adjustment on the pedal to lessen the effort?
The treadle pedal likely has a dampener built into the system (my older L48 does).
Dampener not functioning properly, could be a problem/issue on the particular tractor that you test drove.

MountainMeadows

Equipment
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
The treadle pedal likely has a dampener built into the system (my older L48 does).
Dampener not functioning properly, could be a problem/issue on the particular tractor that you test drove.
Thanks for the info. I'm not too worried about it. I've owned an auto repair business since 85'. If my new tractor needs any adjustments once I get it home I'll probably be doing them myself unless it's a costly repair in which it will go back to the shop under warranty. I'm pretty particular and hate the thought of someone else working on my equipment.

Reactions: 3 users

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Welcome, new folks! OTT is a great resource for upcoming questions you will undoubtedly have.

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Thanks for the welcome!
When shopping I found the treddle pedal was my biggest hang up after switching from my trusty JD and also preferring the dual pedals. Once using my new Kubota I quickly discovered that it was a non-issue and using it becomes second nature quickly. If I had to choose now I’d say that I have no preference.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I hate to admit this as I'm not a jd guy, but I do like the double pedal better. But not enough to complain about. The foot pedal should loosen up some when it gets used. There's no adjustment on the damper that I know of as far as resistance felt.

Impala

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Picked up my 3302 a month ago. Over 10 hours now and loving it. I came from a B2601 and I don't regret going with the 33 at all. The horsepower and torque is worth the emissions, hands down. It is only supposed to regen every 50 hours, and if you are using it as designed you will have no issues. I have the R14's and am loving them so far. Between the extra weight of the L and tires I have only had to use 4wd a time or two trying to back up a steep hill with the cutter.

New orange

Equipment
L3902
May 26, 2022
Nwct
Hmmm just received a call from my salesman. Seems the 0% for 60 is going away come July 1. And I was told they will not be honoring our deal. This is after down payment and financing was secured. To say that I’m disappointed is an understatement. I’m ready to tell them to keep it. Anyone else get similar news?

Impala

Equipment
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Seems like you should call around and find one. Also when I bought my other one last spring my dealer said I would get the offer even if it expired before delivery.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I’m ready to tell them to keep it.
On the plus side, they at least bothered to call you/tell you.

I'd at least look around for other dealers or models. I'd look at L3560LE and L4060LE with the upgraded loader. They won't be that much more if you consider the 0% in the deal.

Fwiw, most dealers in my area will deliver a new tractor hours away.