New tractor owner, used B7500 3-point issue

jsncrso

Equipment
B7500
Jan 28, 2014
OBX, NC
So I received my B7500 today. I got a good deal, although I was unable to view the equipment for more than a couple of minutes before I bought it. While I have many hours behind Kubota's, I've never had to attach/detach 3-point implements.

Anyway, I have a 2003 model B7500 with 377 hours and used pretty hard although mechanically everything is sound. However, I'm not sure what it going on with the 3-point hitch. While it raises and lowers, the arms won't swing out to attach anything. Upon further inspection, it seems there are clamps holding the arms in. It doesn't seem like the hitch was used much, although one of the turnbuckles are broke. Can anyone tell me what the issue is or any advice for me? Am I missing anything on my hitch to hook up a box blade or post hole digger? Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Without being there myself..........

The arm on the left, with the turnbuckle intact....Loosen the turnbuckle to gain width.

The one on the right should swing out.

The brackets or 'clamps' as you refer to it is what moves the mid-mount mower up and down. Are they interfering?

I would not have a MMM myself, I like the freedom of drop and go.

I see no reason that they should not move........kick it over........make it move.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
A bit of penetrating oil might help. It doesn't look like that 3 point was used much. The ball joints could be rusted in place.

jsncrso

Equipment
B7500
Jan 28, 2014
OBX, NC
Thanks for the replies. It does seem that it's probably rusted in place. What do I need at the top to connect an implement such as a box blade?

I do have one more question though about the MMM. When raised all of the way, one of the anti scalp wheels contacts the rear tire. What is the easiest way to correct this problem?

As soon as this snow is over, it's getting all of it's fluids changed and some of the cosmetic damage fixed.

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Harbor freight has quick hitches for around $100 makes life so much easier. It was the first thing I bought for my B7500.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Harbor freight has quick hitches for around $100 makes life so much easier. It was the first thing I bought for my B7500.
They are nice BUT the pin centers on 3 point attachments don't necessarily match the quick hitch so do some checking first!

Highspeed

Equipment
B-series
Jan 27, 2014
mid-Michigan
This may seem too obvious, but you're not trying to move the lift arms out with them lifted are you? They won't move unless you lower the arms a ways. As for the wheel contact with the deck, the front lift bracket could be adjusted wrong. Try adjusting it per the manual for the deck. If you don't have the manual, your dealer will probably advise you or make a copy of the page you need...afterall, you're there buying filters, oil, etc. ;)

HTH