New to the site, first post

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
In my admittedly anecdotal experience, the older the tractor, the more lift capacity is dependent on RPM. Always figured it had something to do with internal leaks and/or unintended bypassing. In a perfect system in theory pressure controls capacity and RPM only controls speed/flow. In practice, RPM can increase flow to overcome minor wear type leaks to increase capacity. Ateast it appears to work that way.

Reactions: 1 user

Hot Rod

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Jul 31, 2021
[B]GreensvilleJay[/B], I understand all that, as I mentioned in my original post, I am a journeyman machinist and a heavy equipment operator, I used (before I retired) 210 ft high rangers to reach under the launch pad at the cape, you should be up in one that high when the wind is 20 knots, the pucker factor is unbelievable, Ha!Ha!

I also had to qualify every three months for the 35 ton fork lift, plus all kinds of lifting equipment.
I agree with you it does take practice which I have at least thirty five years of, but this isn't the case.
As I also mentioned these little tractors are meant to move dirt not be a fork lift, but the lever on my bucket control is hanging up and being harder to control.
I just thought some of you folks may have had the same problem and figured it out.

Jay, thank you for the reply and in a lot of cases that is the problem, but not here.

Just giving you folks an idea of my qualifications, I am not bad mouthing anyone and never will.

Hot Rod

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Jul 31, 2021
Hey fellas I found the problem, I was using dry lube to lube the parts that rub together, I switched to a lithium based wet lube and man did that smooth things out.
I can move one grain of sand with my bucket without disturbing the rest. Ha!Ha!
Thanks for all the ideas and help.

Reactions: 1 user

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Hmmm. My L2501 FEL, even at max RPM I can slow its movement by going easy on the loader stick. Ive actually always felt the L2501 had great FEL control. For example being able to curl bucket and raise or lower the fel at the same time is super simple, and controlling speed I find simple as well. Perhaps the smaller kubota's dont function the same ? It is true that higher RPM will increase hydraulic flow and thus make the FEL much snappier, but even at max RPM, on my L2501 I can choose to just move the FEL control softly and it slows it down a lot. If I shoved it all the way in every direction though yes it would be super jerky with every action.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Hey fellas I found the problem, I was using dry lube to lube the parts that rub together, I switched to a lithium based wet lube and man did that smooth things out.
I can move one grain of sand with my bucket without disturbing the rest. Ha!Ha!
Thanks for all the ideas and help.
Glad you figured it out and thanks for the follow up.

My wife has been kind of thinking about getting a smaller (probably BX something) tractor for yard/garden work. The way you described its behavior, I was thinking I was glad I got the silky smooth loader valve on my L4701 instead of the apparently sticky, jerky valve you got on your B2620. Was a bit concerned the loader valves on the smaller tractors had problems but hadn’t seen complaints, so I had been following this thread. Happy for you (and maybe my wife if/when supply chain smooths out) it was just a lubrication issue rather than a design flaw.

Hot Rod

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Jul 31, 2021
NCL4701
I am glad I did figure it out because the loader worked great 200 hours ago.

I have had people laugh at my compact tractor, mainly neighbors, but after seeing
what it has done they changed their tune.
Matter of fact the neighbor who laughed the loudest is the one who has borrowed it the most.
These tractors will do a lot of work it just takes a little longer.
I love my Kubota.

Reactions: 1 users