New to the forum. Howdy all

Uncle PaPa

Equipment
Kubota 2320 front loader mid mount mower 72" York rake
Jun 2, 2013
Ohio
Purchased a Kubota 2320 with 304 loader and mid mount mower 2 weeks ago. Was wondering if that was too small for the work I was doing. Two weeks later and VERY impressed. Over the last week I have moved 66 tons of top soil, 18 tons of washed gravel. The only negative is that the tractor is very unstable with the loader on and weight in the bucket. After taking the two wheel ride three times I decided to attach my 72" York Rake just for ballast. That cured the instability problem for now. I figured the 72" rake was way too big and it was just for weight and stability. Wow what a beast, dropped the rake today to level dirt and remove rocks. Never thought it could handle it but it never grunted and was rolling dirt over the top of the rake. What a pleasant surprise. Next is to make a steel plate to attach in the same manner as the mower to add ballast and be able to remove when mowing and keep the ballast low for a lower center of gravity. Never knew ORANGE could be such a pretty color.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome to OTT, and congratulations on such a great piece of machinery. It is amazing the amount of work a small, well engineered tractor can accomplish.
You have found out what many others have learned- it needs ballast to effectively use the loader. Loading the tires with fluid helps, but weight on the back is still necessary.

MotoAir

Equipment
BX25D, ZD21
May 13, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Your post made me chuckle thinking of a 2-wheel Kubota! :)

Like you, I just purchased a Kubota (BX25D) and was cracking nasty rocks out of my yard today. Absolutely amazing what these little machines can do! I'm with you on the Orange!

Enjoy my friend!