New to Me L1500DT

wvshooter

Dec 11, 2012
WV
Alright, all.

I am headed to pick up a slightly damaged L1500DT tomorrow. The front left wheel broke off on the guy andthere it sat for two years before we finally crossed paths. I will have it repaired, but my questions are these:

Does anyone have the fuel and oil filter cross reference numbers handy?

Does anyone know if the L175 or L185 ROPS will bolt right up? I had read online where there may be a difference between these and the JDM in terms of rear axle housing shape.

Thanks!

Gordon Jones

Equipment
L1500
Jul 17, 2011
Tualatin,Oregon
I just go to my local NAPA store. They usualy have the correct filters in stock. As far as the ROPS go, I believe that the L175/185 will bolt right up. G

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The ROPS for the L175 and L185

See the thread below for information on the kit I got from Kubota USA (SFL-27) and the part number that is the ROPS (see last post in the thread)

I can not tell you for sure this would fit the L1500DT but am pretty sure it would.

If you want me to take some measurements on my tractor to see if they are the same as yours, let me know and I will take them this weekend.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6601&page=2

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
To the best of my knowledge the L1500 is identical to the L175 except for the name plate. Look up the numbers for the L175, take your filters to Napa and compare the parts before you buy them. I'd bet my arm they're identical.

wvshooter

Dec 11, 2012
WV
I dont believe they are identical, but close. For example, apparently the front drive axle is completely different than its American counterpart. Also, there are more PTO speeds, which means I am not sure if the housing is different.

I talked to a local dealer and the L175 and L185 actually use different p/n ROPS. I am thinking SFL-26 and SFL-27. Not sure what the differences are.

I am also getting ready to go attempt to pull the hydraulic filter. It's pretty tight in there with the front axle engage and the brake drum lever. Wish me luck.