New to me B7610

Boss Hog

Equipment
B7610 + other MF tractors.
Apr 20, 2022
Illinois
Had a flat tire this afternoon. Right rear.

The lug nuts were incredibly tight. Had to put a jack stand under the extension and stand on the end of a 24" long breaker bar to get them loose.

The flat side of the lug was against the rim, and there was a lock washer under each one. Never seen any kind of tractor tire set up like that.

I found out the hub is rattling around on the axle. Looks like a small pin holds the hub loosely in place. And there's a large nut off to the side that's maybe supposed to clamp it? But it would not turn no matter how hard I tried.

The bead broke on the tire, and I don't have the equipment to re-seat it. Will probably take it to a tire shop tomorrow.

But no idea what to do about the loose hub.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Had a flat tire this afternoon. Right rear.

The lug nuts were incredibly tight. Had to put a jack stand under the extension and stand on the end of a 24" long breaker bar to get them loose.

The flat side of the lug was against the rim, and there was a lock washer under each one. Never seen any kind of tractor tire set up like that.

I found out the hub is rattling around on the axle. Looks like a small pin holds the hub loosely in place. And there's a large nut off to the side that's maybe supposed to clamp it? But it would not turn no matter how hard I tried.

The bead broke on the tire, and I don't have the equipment to re-seat it. Will probably take it to a tire shop tomorrow.

But no idea what to do about the loose hub.
The large nut you referenced is on a bolt that travels through 2 round blocks with beveled ends. It forms a clamp to pinch the axel so the hub does not move. You need to get that nut to turn either by soaking it with penetrating oil or an impact wrench. Once loose then you my be able to tighten the nut to pinch the axel.
If the hub is very loose you may be able to take out the small pin and slide the hub off the axel to be able to work on it separate from the tractor.
Hub.png

Reactions: 1 user

kubotasam

Equipment
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
The large nut you referenced is on a bolt that travels through 2 round blocks with beveled ends. It forms a clamp to pinch the axel so the hub does not move. You need to get that nut to turn either by soaking it with penetrating oil or an impact wrench. Once loose then you my be able to tighten the nut to pinch the axel.
If the hub is very loose you may be able to take out the small pin and slide the hub off the axel to be able to work on it separate from the tractor. View attachment 78978
The clamping parts are called "cotters" # 80 in the illustration. They can rust into the hub and be very difficult to remove even after the nut and bolt are loose and removed.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
They can be quite a pain to remove if stuck in. When you get them out I'd suggest a liberal coat of anti seize before you go back together. Helps for the next time you need to take the adapters off.

Boss Hog

Equipment
Apr 20, 2022
Illinois
Kubotasam, thanks for the illustration. That helps a lot.

Of course the tire didn't go flat in the shop. The tractor is sitting on a hilltop out in the pasture. Not a convenient place to work on it.

Are the lug nuts with lock washers normal on these things?

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Yep, at least that's how my 7510 is

Boss Hog

Equipment
Apr 20, 2022
Illinois
I tried tightening up the bolt. Wouldn't budge. So I removed the pin and took the hub back to the shop.

The wedges (#80 in the illustration above) were butted together. That's why I couldn't tighten up the bolt.

The faces of the wedges were badly worn away. The axle must have been that way for a long time before I got the tractor.

I got online and found out where there's a Kubota dealer. Took them an hour to find 2 of the wedges. Now I just have to make the trip to get them. (It's unfortunately some distance away)

I'm not sure if the hub is salvageable or not. It's showing some wear. I figure I'll put the wedges in and see how it sits, and make a decision then.

To MINICUP28 - I tried to send you a PM about a parts manual. It apparently didn't go through?

I would very much like to have a parts manual if you're willing to sed one. My email address is rsitruss at yahoo dot com.

kubotasam

Equipment
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
You can grind the ends of the cotters to shorten them so the do not butt together. Then they should clamp tight to the axle.
I guess it depends on how badly damaged they are.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
New hub is $215.00 take your old hub with you and see if the new style wedges fit. There's a new and old style. When I bought my b7510 it was missing a set of wedges. Ended up I had the new style hub so all was good. But I was advised they didn't interchange. With a drive that far I'd hate to take the chance. Messisks is all over 20 minutes from me.

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
I would very much like to have a parts manual if you're willing to sed one.
Online parts list:

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Click on ‘View Illustrated Parts’

Click on ‘I accept the Term and Conditions’ BOX then click on ‘open’

Enter your model – click on search

Click on your exact model

Click on ‘Parts’ for Model Parts Menu

Click on ‘Option Model’ for Attachment List

Click on desired attachment and a new tab is opened

Click on ‘Parts’ for Attachment Parts Menu

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Online parts list:

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Click on ‘View Illustrated Parts’

Click on ‘I accept the Term and Conditions’ BOX then click on ‘open’

Enter your model – click on search

Click on your exact model

Click on ‘Parts’ for Model Parts Menu

Click on ‘Option Model’ for Attachment List

Click on desired attachment and a new tab is opened

Click on ‘Parts’ for Attachment Parts Menu

Dan

Boss Hog

Equipment
Apr 20, 2022
Illinois
The end of the old wedges were too far gone to grind down. They looked like the end of a chisel that had been beaten on for many years and mushroomed out.

I got the repaired tire and new parts. Wet to the pasture this evening and got it all put on.

The wedges looked tons better than the old ones, and tightened up nicely.

There's a backhoe on the thing. I wonder if the added weight of it partly caused the problem with the hub. Gonna have to think about getting it set off somewhere.