New to me B2400

redm18

New member

Equipment
B2400 with FEL and Belly Mower, G4200 with Mower Deck
Aug 14, 2023
20
4
3
Eastern Iowa
Greeting I just bought a B2400 with the loader and the belly mower. I have some questions as I get started on the machine. I want to use it to fairly heavily landscape my very small acreage, and plow my driveway in the winter.
1. Manuals - It looks like there is a workshop manual that is pretty freely available but I'm not sure if there is an operators manual or a manual for the loader and implements. If there are are they free anywhere or do I need to buy them?
2. I'm not quite sure what is the proper way to hook up the loader's hydraulics. The loader has four hose coming out of 3 females and one male. The male is pretty easy and I have the females hooked up so that the bucket goes up when I push up on the joystick and goes down when I lower the joystick. It curls the bucket when I move the joystick left and right. So I assume its close but want to make sure I'm not screwing something up.
3. It leaks a fair amount of fluid around the loader hookup valve I think from one of the hookup ports. Not sure if I can try to tighten the port or any other possible solutions? Maybe a rebuild kit? I just don't know a ton about hydraulics but obviously need to learn.
4. Looks like the hydraulic fluid is supposed to be Kubota UDT which Walmart tractor fluid is supposed to meet the specs for. Is it ok to use?
5. What PM should I try to get done shortly? Oil Change with filters, Hydro Fluid Change with filters, Coolant Flush and Fill, Fuel Filters, Grease all zerks anything else?
 

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,511
11,278
113
Sandpoint, ID
I don't know of a free ops manual for that, The WSM covers just about anything the ops will cover.
The manual for the loader and the implements are pretty much worthless, most are just install guides.
The parts diagrams are the most useful and you get those online.

If your talking leaks at the quick couplers then just plan on getting new couplers.

NO Walmart is NOT the same as Kubota UDT, it's supposed to be UDT compatible, but there is no testing for it.
If your going to be using it hard or using it in the winter spend the extra money and go to the newer SUDT2 fluid, the tractor will thank you for it.
If you want to stay economical, the only off Kubota brand UDT that I use is Mystik JT5.

PM it all, and check battery connections and battery condition.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Well-known member

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
8,001
5,188
113
Eastham, Ma
I don't know of a free ops manual for that, The WSM covers just about anything the ops will cover.
The manual for the loader and the implements are pretty much worthless, most are just install guides.
The parts diagrams are the most useful and you get those online.

If your talking leaks at the quick couplers then just plan on getting new couplers.

NO Walmart is NOT the same as Kubota UDT, it's supposed to be UDT compatible, but there is no testing for it.
If your going to be using it hard or using it in the winter spend the extra money and go to the newer SUDT2 fluid, the tractor will thank you for it.
If you want to stay economical, the only off Kubota brand UDT that I use is Mystik JT5.

PM it all, and check battery connections and battery condition.
Most places that I have seen Mystik JT5 for sale, it is not significantly less expensive than Kubota SUDT-2.
IMHO, it is false economy to use anything other than Kubota SUDT-2.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

redm18

New member

Equipment
B2400 with FEL and Belly Mower, G4200 with Mower Deck
Aug 14, 2023
20
4
3
Eastern Iowa
Good to know I have 2 gallons of Wal-Mart Universal Tractor fluid and 5 gallons of harvest kind vintage tractor fluid. Both are supposed to be UDT compatible. Sounds like neither truly are.
 

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,511
11,278
113
Sandpoint, ID
Good to know I have 2 gallons of Wal-Mart Universal Tractor fluid and 5 gallons of harvest kind vintage tractor fluid. Both are supposed to be UDT compatible. Sounds like neither truly are.
The harvest king vintage is 100% not compatible!
 

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,511
11,278
113
Sandpoint, ID
Most places that I have seen Mystik JT5 for sale, it is not significantly less expensive than Kubota SUDT-2.
IMHO, it is false economy to use anything other than Kubota SUDT-2.
SUDT2 is double the price of Mystik JT5 for me.
UDT is about a 1/3 more in price.
 

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,511
11,278
113
Sandpoint, ID
UDT and SUDT are at any dealer, if your not close to a dealer you can have them shipped to you.
Mystik JT5 should be available at most automotive or farm and fleet stores.