new to forum, maybe upgrading from bx2360

gcbailey

Equipment
B2920
Jun 17, 2013
southern wv
Hi all!

I'll jump straight to the point. I own a landscape company and we currently have a couple 60" ZTR and a '12 BX2360 w/54" mmm, FEL, 42" brush hog. I love the BX, but I'm beginning to see that it's not quite enough tractor for somethings that we need it for. I've been thinking about upgrading to a B series (if I can work it out with my dealer).

My biggest concern on upgrading is... we have a few properties with slopes around 20-24 degrees that can only be mowed across, not up and down. The BX feels more than stable on these, but I'm concerned about how a B would handle them. I know they sit about 4" or 5" higher. I don't have the tires on the BX filled, I'm assuming that this would help out a lot on the B, but then would there be any issue with soil compaction? I'm not worried about it on the slopes, but we also have several larger acreage sized properties that we use the Kubota in conjunction with the ZTRs and I cannot afford to have ruts on them, they are municipal soccer fields...

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

thanks,

Gary

gcbailey

Equipment
B2920
Jun 17, 2013
southern wv
Any negatives anyone can think of going from a BX to a B? I know that's probably a stupid question... I am figuring turning radius is one, but anything else?

gcbailey

Equipment
B2920
Jun 17, 2013
southern wv
Well, I'm trading it in... Ordered a B2920 w/60" mmm, FEL, and 4' brush hog. Going with the 31.5x15 turfs as it will be mainly for mowing.

Does Kubota offer a wheel weight kit for the B?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
gc you just might want to fill the tires that puts a lot of weight to the ground, though to be honest I have a BX2360 and other than a back hoe I cant see any reason to move up, and Im sitting on a ridge top in the coal country of Pa, the house sits on the only flat spot from there everthing is down hill