New Titan Stump Bucket for L2501

pedzola

Jun 2, 2016
Southern NH

Got my new stump bucket from Titan Attachments yeaterday. Used it today to remove a couple of stumps. Works great. Allows you to dig deep around and under the stump and it breaks up small roots with the ripper teeth. I still had to cut some roots by hand of course but overall very happy with this new tool. And pretty inexpensive. Very solidly built.

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
How do you think it would hold up on a bigger machine? I've got a L3560. This looks like I could really come in handy. I see Titan makes a heavier version but the price is a lot heavier as well...

Thanks,
Ted

pedzola

Jun 2, 2016
Southern NH
How do you think it would hold up on a bigger machine? I've got a L3560...
The bucket seems solid to me. I did everything I could with the L2501 and have no indication there was any weakness in the construction.

I feel like I put in a pretty respectable effort on that stump. The bucket doesnt seem any worse for wear.

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
Has anyone tried this on cedar tree stumps? I am about to have a L2501 and have a bunch of cedars to remove. It would be nice if I had a bucket that could remove the stumps.

pedzola

Jun 2, 2016
Southern NH
I used the stump bucket this weekend to move about 15 large landscaping stones. They were maybe around 2ft in diameter, on average.

Very easy to scoop and carry the stones with the stump bucket. And no damage at all in manipulating these heavy stones, though they often rested on the "teeth."

I couldnt have done this with a normal bucket or pallet forks. I am still very happy with the Titan stump bucket. It is a versatile and durable attachment.

txnbygod

Equipment
L4701
Nov 6, 2016
Burnet Texas
That looks awesome
I contracted a skid steer and he had one that worked well on my cedars.

I'm looking to get a 3901 and will definitely be wanting to add this to my arsenal

LMTractorGuy

Equipment
L2501HST, LA525, RCR1260, BB1260, Titan 48" SS Forks, Stump Bucket
Sep 20, 2016
SC
I received my Titan stump bucket this week and used it today. I am very impressed. I had ordered and used the Quick Spade on the end of 48" forks. Too much torque on the fork frame. Also too hard to install and remove from the forks. I returned the Quick Spade after only using 20 minutes. Titan stump bucket mounts well to the SSQA. Not super heavy duty, but adequate for the L2501. Bent two teeth using it today, but easily bent them back. At only $300 am I very glad I bought it.

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
Just curious if the OP has any new updates on the Titan stump bucket and L2501? I am about to be ready for one if they work well on stumps.

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
I recieved this same Titan stump bucket for my L2501 this week and used it today. Best I can tell it works great. I dug up 7-8 cedar trees from 4"-8" caliper trunks. The small trees came right up. The bigger ones I just hit each side and then put the bucket higher up on the tree and pushed. That was enough to lean the tree over and exposed the root ball. Once I saw the root ball I just hit it a few times and popped the tree out of the hole. My main use for this is to remove cedars next to oaks my dozer guy can't get. Seems like it will work well. I have no doubt I could take out the occasional larger tree but will let the dozer take care of those. If I had a big tractor, heavy tractor, with a heavy duty stump bucket I can see where I could knock out a lot of cedars in a hurry.

txnbygod

Equipment
L4701
Nov 6, 2016
Burnet Texas
Hey Brazos,
I'm in the hill country with cedar stumps cut just above ground level in limestone terrain.
do you think it could get them out using a 4701?
Do ya think the HD model would be better?

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
Yes I do. I am in cedar/limestone country here. I do think it helps not to have cut the tree down. I used the tree as leverage. After digging around the roots I pushed higher up on the tree to help bust it loose. Since you have a 4701 you might look at the HD Titan stump bucket. Since your tractor is bigger, more powerful, and heavier than mine it should work better.

savoy9020

Lifetime Member

Equipment
G1800, L2501 (2016) 5ft LP box 2004 F250 6.0 Lariat Supercrew 2017 1140D RTV, 2
May 25, 2016
Savoy, Texas
Brazos, Also in North Texas, and have a L2501. Also have too many cedars..

Did you get yours local and in what area?

Yes I do. I am in cedar/limestone country here. I do think it helps not to have cut the tree down. I used the tree as leverage. After digging around the roots I pushed higher up on the tree to help bust it loose. Since you have a 4701 you might look at the HD Titan stump bucket. Since your tractor is bigger, more powerful, and heavier than mine it should work better.

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
I ordered the stump bucket straight from Titan. With 5% off it came out to about $312 shipped. It was cheap enough to try out. If you have a bunch of cedars then hire a dozer guy. It will be much cheaper and quicker in the long run. They can do a lot in an hour. I am using the stump bucket to remove cedars around good oaks the dozer can't get to.

Now for an updated review. I used the bucket again today and took out 4 more cedars. All went well. Today was also greasing the tractor day and I noticed a bunch of dirt/mud packed into the front linkages. The lower slots your beveled rods your quick connect push thru to lock the bucket on are very exposed and hang down below the bucket. It would be better if back side of the bucket were deeper to protect and cover the rod ends and keep them out of the dirt. I should be able to weld something in place to conteract this but it should just be this way from the factory. Still like the bucket and it works well for what it is.

Furt1veOne

Equipment
L2501
May 17, 2016
Sherman, TX
Savoy9020, You'll have to let me know if you end up with one of these. I bet it will make quick work at your cedar trees from what it looks like.