New Snow Plow

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
My dealer just dropped off my new snow plow. 60" BX2812A, came with both steel and rubber cutting edge and skid shoes. With 3600' of uphill driveway I can use the blade for light snows and my BX2822 54" Front mounted blower for the heavy storms.

I am really impressed with the HD construction of the blade, and the ability to switch over really quick with the e-z mount front drive system on my BX 2680, it should make my snow clearing duties a whole lot easier.

Reactions: 1 users

danmorea

Equipment
kubota b7100 loader/backhoe Kubota B2650 loader John Deere x540
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
I hope that will work out for you
When I had a snowplow on my compact Deere I didn’t work out
Was kind of digging in the center of my driveway
No matter how I adjust it,so I use only the front loader
Hope that set up works for you
What I am trying to say is that for me would work if the road was flat but mine is higher in the center for drainage

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I hope that will work out for you
When I had a snowplow on my compact Deere I didn’t work out
Was kind of digging in the center of my driveway
No matter how I adjust it,so I use only the front loader
Hope that set up works for you
What I am trying to say is that for me would work if the road was flat but mine is higher in the center for drainage
I had the same problem, until i fixed our driveway with a box blade. Should be a breeze this winter. Actually i`m looking forward to it. Bout time all this stuff started paying for itself...lol.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Have not put anything on my M9 as of yet. Blower is serviced and ready to go, plow is greased (hinge points and power angle fittings) and is ready too. I'd prefer not putting them on at all actually. Pretty much unstoppable with a 80 " lucknow blower on the back and a 10 foot power angle blade on the front. Never met a snow drift that was too big, but again, I'd just as soon let them sit in the barn unused. Think last year I used them once at least the plow, never used the blower at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Another blower thread running and one poster asked if the dealer supplied a Kubota neck and back brace with the rear mount blower and I chuckled on that one.

I never even turn my head to see what the rear mount blower is doing. I have 3 video cameras looking back, one to the left, one to the right and one down the center so I watch the monitor. No looking backwards, no sore neck. My big and constant concern is where the edge of the 10 foot wide front snowplow is. If it's angled over, it's only about 8 foot wide but straight, it's 10 feet edge to edge and my drive is only 8 foot wide. I need to be careful all the time.

Don't want to put either on. Actually I prefer not to. For me a snowfall is a chore and I get no enjoyment out of moving snow at all. Much rather sit in front of the fire and drink a cup of hot chocolate. Probably put the blower on the back this weekend anyway as I'm not using any 3 point implements in the winter anyway. The plow can stay right where it is. Only takes about 45 seconds to put it on and hook up the hydraulics. It's SSQA.

Problem is with a blower is, it's a fuel guzzler, Takes a huge amount of power to run a 80" in deep snow. The plow, not so much.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Another blower thread running and one poster asked if the dealer supplied a Kubota neck and back brace with the rear mount blower and I chuckled on that one.

I never even turn my head to see what the rear mount blower is doing. I have 3 video cameras looking back, one to the left, one to the right and one down the center so I watch the monitor. No looking backwards, no sore neck. My big and constant concern is where the edge of the 10 foot wide front snowplow is. If it's angled over, it's only about 8 foot wide but straight, it's 10 feet edge to edge and my drive is only 8 foot wide. I need to be careful all the time.

Don't want to put either on. Actually I prefer not to. For me a snowfall is a chore and I get no enjoyment out of moving snow at all. Much rather sit in front of the fire and drink a cup of hot chocolate. Probably put the blower on the back this weekend anyway as I'm not using any 3 point implements in the winter anyway. The plow can stay right where it is. Only takes about 45 seconds to put it on and hook up the hydraulics. It's SSQA.

Problem is with a blower is, it's a fuel guzzler, Takes a huge amount of power to run a 80" in deep snow. The plow, not so much.
LOL.... says the guy with an enclosed cabbed tractor. Some of us aren`t fortunate enough to have a nice warm cozy cab waiting for us when we have to plow snow. Sorry, i just had to say it....lol

Here`s me feelin sorry for yah >>>>>> 😤

Reactions: 2 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
LOL.... says the guy with an enclosed cabbed tractor. Some of us aren`t fortunate enough to have a nice warm cozy cab waiting for us when we have to plow snow. Sorry, i just had to say it....lol

Here`s me feelin sorry for yah >>>>>> 😤
No issue with me. I plowed and blew snow for years with a small open station Kubota way back when and froze my tail off and looked like the abomable snowman when I got done. Guess that is why I have a certain disdain for doing it even now. Not fun, it's a necessary chore for me, having to keep my rental driveways open so my renters can get to work so they can pay the rent payments....lol

Me, I don't have to go to work anymore, least not to work for someone else. My work is 75 feet from the back door. Just how I like it. Short commute via shoeleather express.

Keep in mind that I didn't start my tractor life with a cabbed tractor, I too had smaller ones. First one was a B7100 if I remember correctly. I'm at 10 or 12 later now. Just kept on getting bigger and bigger much to the delight of my dealer I might add.

Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Good luck with the plow! On my old L3400 I never had good results. As a previous poster noted, if my driveway had been flat or paved . . . :)

Today FedEx just dropped off shoes for my back blade. I have high hopes here. There is the opportunity to tilt it so it may work out really well - my driveway is pitched all to one side.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
No issue with me. I plowed and blew snow for years with a small open station Kubota way back when and froze my tail off and looked like the abomable snowman when I got done. Guess that is why I have a certain disdain for doing it even now. Not fun, it's a necessary chore for me, having to keep my rental driveways open so my renters can get to work so they can pay the rent payments....lol

Me, I don't have to go to work anymore, least not to work for someone else. My work is 75 feet from the back door. Just how I like it. Short commute via shoeleather express.

Keep in mind that I didn't start my tractor life with a cabbed tractor, I too had smaller ones. First one was a B7100 if I remember correctly. I'm at 10 or 12 later now. Just kept on getting bigger and bigger much to the delight of my dealer I might add.
God bless yah. I`m gonna be 71yrs old real soon, i never owned a cabbed tractor in my life, likely never will, so i`ll just have to keep on plowing in the wind. I grew up on a farm, drove many with a cab, though nice, and i`d LOVE to have one, not gonna happen.

Just to set the record straight, having a cab is an issue for me. Way to many tight places i have to go in an out of year round, so i just deal with it as it is. And if my driveway were any longer, i`d buy a plow truck to clean it out in the winter. But thats just another thing that i would have to maintain and spend money on.

Stay safe out there!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
We are identical in age and I have both a cab and open station of the same model (M9000). IU farm with both of mine, something I like to do, unlike snow removal, which to me is a have to chore.