New Sidekick XG850

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
Howdy All. I was in need of something to pull a trailer and haul dirt roots and just what ever. My local dealer had an Orange Sidekick XG850 at a price I could not say no to. The only option I wanted it did not have was the hydraulic lift bed. Is there an after market one I can get, or a way I can make this one power? I know with money all things are possible, but I would like to keep this on the cheap cause I told the wife this is hers and she will be running it.

jimr63

Equipment
M5-091HDC, L47TLB, L4701F, ZD1211-72, GR2120-54, RTV-X1140
Jun 24, 2015
SOMD
Love mine! FWIW, the hole in the dash for the Kubota switch to dump the bed is not a standard size for switches. I cut the blank panel out thinking I'd put my winch button there and had to use a different hole or cut the hole even bigger. I choose to use a different hole in case I ever put the dump kit on so the dump button will still fit. All the other switch holes have blank panels in them and they pop out of the panel easy. That should have tipped me off before I cut the blank out.:(
IMG_0557.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I found one that would work, not sure if I posted here or another forum...I think there is a member on here that installed it..

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
Mine had to go in and get the bed replaced because all the Lin-x stuff they used was peeling off as well as a few welds broke. I purchased the lift kit and the dealer installed it for free because it was there and taken apart already. I am waiting on the new tail gate before I get it back.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
NOrthern Tool sells “linear actuators” which run on 12V and are easily installed in place of the hydraulic cylinder to operate that bed-lift and have the lifting capacity to do so for less than $200. While I‘ve not yet convinced myself that I need to do it... as I grow older ... manually lifting that bed is becoming more and more difficult for me, especially after I added a school-bus seat to the bed. It’s a planned project for me. Some day. Maybe. Perhaps....

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I found one that would work, not sure if I posted here or another forum...I think there is a member on here that installed it..

Thats me. I bought a linear actuator from Shoup and installed that. Just measure the open height and get an actuator with that extended length. You'll need to make up some brackets and run the wire but it's all pretty simple and way less than 800 bucks. More like 300 total and your time.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
NOrthern Tool sells “linear actuators” which run on 12V and are easily installed in place of the hydraulic cylinder to operate that bed-lift and have the lifting capacity to do so for less than $200. While I‘ve not yet convinced myself that I need to do it... as I grow older ... manually lifting that bed is becoming more and more difficult for me, especially after I added a school-bus seat to the bed. It’s a planned project for me. Some day. Maybe. Perhaps....
Dang George, you have one of the slow ones.... My GS850 will run over 40mph.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Love mine! FWIW, the hole in the dash for the Kubota switch to dump the bed is not a standard size for switches. I cut the blank panel out thinking I'd put my winch button there and had to use a different hole or cut the hole even bigger. I choose to use a different hole in case I ever put the dump kit on so the dump button will still fit. All the other switch holes have blank panels in them and they pop out of the panel easy. That should have tipped me off before I cut the blank out.:(
View attachment 45088
Just like my wife's minus the head rests and she has the other tires too. neat little buggy. Probably remove the upper seat guards at some point. They make the in and out a bit of a chore.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Dang George, you have one of the slow ones.... My GS850 will run over 40mph.
Yes, but running more than 25 mph is a bit too exhiliarating for when you only have 1500 acres of rough country to deal with. (I’m not racing anyone and 20 mph is pretty breezy already.)
PLUS... it’s DIESEL! Uses the same fuel as my tractor, same oil, same HST trans/hyd fluid. (NO CVT for me!) Pulls 2K lb trailer just fine Up/down hills and the fuel don’t go “bad” like gasoline does. 🤧

(And the dog can’t keep up as it is already.) 🤣

Attachments

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Gee, mine uses the same fuel as my zero turn does and it don't stink when burned either. My dog rides in the jump seat, no point in running along side.

I drive mine uptown and fuel it at the filling station. About everyone around here either has a side by side or a golf cart.

Gas like diesel don't 'go bad' if you treat it. I use Marine Stabil in the gas and Powerservice in the diesel with biocide as well.

ULSD is as bad as e-gas, maybe worse. Algae is harder to deal with than a gummed up carb though EFI eliminates most of that issue.

The 850 is sequential fuel injection.