New reverse gear

tcbro

Equipment
L185, Woods L59 mower, rear blade, L-225, Kubota FEL
Mar 10, 2010
Coatesville, PA
Does anybody have a source for reverse idler gears? I need to replace it on my L-225. Kubota p/n 34200-2313-4. I can't seem to find any online.

Thanks

tcbro

Equipment
Mar 10, 2010
Coatesville, PA
Thanks for the link Bruce. It is obviously one I didn't know about. At $205 it's considerably more than the ~$70 I've heard others have paid for the same gear (but maybe a more popular tractor model). Since tractorsmart was kind enough to supply me with the current p/n I think I'll search for this new number awhile before I bite the bullet with them. Even at $205 I'm sure it's cheaper than having one custom made. Knowing that it is available puts my mind at ease.

Thanks again,
Tom

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Last edited:

tcbro

Equipment
Mar 10, 2010
Coatesville, PA
WOW! Now that's what I'm talking about! I have been to Weavers site before but for some reason it wasn't in my favorites list. It is now.

Thanks Val,

Tom

tcbro

Equipment
Mar 10, 2010
Coatesville, PA
All of this has me thinking......... If you search this forum for reverse gear you will find a lot of people experiencing the same problem, 1/4"-3/8" worn off of the reverse idler gear. This seems to hit the earlier, L series particularly hard.

Has anybody figured out why this is such a problem?

Design flaw?

Assembly error?

Operator error?

Is there something I can do or something I can check to reduce the chance of this happening again?

Just wondering,
Tom

tyrepros

Equipment
L175, Woods mower, Aerator, rake, kids rides
May 4, 2009
Freehold, NJ USA
All of this has me thinking......... If you search this forum for reverse gear you will find a lot of people experiencing the same problem, 1/4"-3/8" worn off of the reverse idler gear. This seems to hit the earlier, L series particularly hard.

Has anybody figured out why this is such a problem?

Design flaw?

Assembly error?

Operator error?

Is there something I can do or something I can check to reduce the chance of this happening again?

Just wondering,
Tom
I too often wondered what could be done to avoid a repeat after the needed repairs. I am thinking of having the new components cryo treated to strengthen the replacement parts even if it is more mental insurance than a real substitute for proper operation. Most certainly not one of my favorite projects of all time.

Last edited: