New Owner used L2500 - pto confusion

mahatmama

Equipment
L2500
Jun 21, 2014
Asheville
Hello all,

Our family just bought a used L2500 with various attachments. One is a Bush hog. The previous owner gave us a good introduction, but I just went to use the tractor, and have forgotten a key part: how to start the PTO. We don't have the manual presently and the the paint for the handles is pretty gone.

I'm a real visual learner, might someone have a photo of the cab of the L2500 with a description of where the controls for the PTO are?

I appreciate the help, I've been scouring the internet all morning, with no luck.

Thanks

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I don't have one, but I'd look on the left fender area. Probably you need tho push in a clutch first, then throw (maybe pull up) lever and let out clutch to see if that is it.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
According to the parts list, it is the handle to the rear of the gear shift lever, on the center hump. Sit in the seat, depress the clutch, move that lever and release the clutch. The PTO should be turning. There are probably interlocks or safety switches that will stall the engine if you aren't in the seat. It is a good idea to uncouple the bush hog shaft from the PTO while you search for the control.
You can get the illustrated parts list on the Kubota web site, Kubota.com. Go to the PARTS tab, then Illustrated Parts List. Put in your model number. Open the book, and go to Speed Change Lever.
You can purchase owners manuals on the internet - google it.

Last edited: