new owner of a b7100

les525

Mar 14, 2011
ca
i just finally found and purchased a '77 kubota b7100 gear drive. it has around 2200hrs, came with a gannon roll over scraper,kubota screw type log splitter, and some homeade 3pt pallet forks and rake. last owner said the motor has been rebuilt not too many hrs ago, he had the front diff completly rebuilt.it is in pretty good shape for its year and hours but it has a couple of issues
1. its leaking oil where the rear diff bolts up to the trans. looks like it was split before from the clumps of silicone squesed out. what is the easiest way to split it and is there a gasket or type of silicone that works best?

2.rear hubs are worn. i have seen in other posts about repairing them as it seems this is common. i might use one of these methods.

3.ignition switch is ground out to be started with a screwdriver. last owner lost keyes so he ground out the slot. and the gas cap is cracked. how much are these new?

4. the engine oil and filter was just changed before i picked it up and the trans oil looks very clean. i did grease all points i could find and air filter still looks good but what other areas should i look at or need to clean/service?

i will post pictires up asap and will be asking many more questions in the future becase after using it for over a hour already im definatly going to keep this tractor

asbug

Equipment
B7001 - looks orange to me... Woods 5' scrape, 42" rotary cutter, shreader/chip.
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
Welcome,
Sounds alot like my B7001.
I would be interested in seeing the Rotary Wood splitter, I inherited one and designed a screw to replace th missing one. I went with a 6 TPI on mine just as a guess.
Look forward to seeing yours for a comparison.
KC

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Put your pictures where your mouth is! haha just kidding. welcome and we all are looking forward to see your pics. Have any questions just ask. many of have or have had a B7100.

Again welcome to the group, Kytim

les525

Mar 14, 2011
ca
i will try to get around to pics tommorow. rear end leak was a easy fix(i hope) all of the nuts were not very tight.