New MMM for BX2680 Question

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Simple question but I'm not sure.. I opted not to get a deck when I purchased the BX because I have a Zero. Well now I'm ready to have shoulder surgery and after a few weeks hoping to be able to mow if possible. If not then maybe the wife can..

Dealer told me there was hardware that comes with the deck that needs to be mounted on the tractor. He said if I want I can bring it in and they would install the hardware probably at no charge. I watched Messick's video on taking off and on but no hardware install.
I saw the brackets that he just had to attach as he mounted it but are there brackets that need to be bolted on also? The initial install??

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Simple question but I'm not sure.. I opted not to get a deck when I purchased the BX because I have a Zero. Well now I'm ready to have shoulder surgery and after a few weeks hoping to be able to mow if possible. If not then maybe the wife can..

Dealer told me there was hardware that comes with the deck that needs to be mounted on the tractor. He said if I want I can bring it in and they would install the hardware probably at no charge. I watched Messick's video on taking off and on but no hardware install.
I saw the brackets that he just had to attach as he mounted it but are there brackets that need to be bolted on also? The initial install??
My MMM just showed up from Toronto, I opted in mounting the mower myself rather then hauling the tractor to the dealership. I'll let you know how it goes.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
My MMM just showed up from Toronto, I opted in mounting the mower myself rather then hauling the tractor to the dealership. I'll let you know how it goes.
Exactly why I was asking.. really didn't want to haul it there if not needed. Surely can't be much to it. I guess my concern was that a dealer " not mine" said it would be about 2 hours for the placement of those parts. I highly doubt it but that's why I ask.
Thanks for your responseShady!

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Hey, so all of 20-30 minutes and a few beer got it in. Probably could’ve been done in 10 or so.

Reactions: 1 user

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Hey, so all of 20-30 minutes and a few beer got it in. Probably could’ve been done in 10 or so.
So there were no bolt on parts? From what I seen on videos it was just the two different arms that you put on the front everytime you put it on and take it off.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Pretty sure the front frame on all BX's already accommodates the two pieces that mount the MMM. It's that way on my 2660 - nothing to bolt on. Messick's video is pretty accurate

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Pretty sure the front frame on all BX's already accommodates the two pieces that mount the MMM. It's that way on my 2660 - nothing to bolt on. Messick's video is pretty accurate
Thank you.. that's what it looks like. So this just confirms the one dealer I spoke to was trying to cash in on two hours labor! Which I thought was bogus time wise but wasn't for sure there wasn't bolt on parts. 😡

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Thank you.. that's what it looks like. So this just confirms the one dealer I spoke to was trying to cash in on two hours labor! Which I thought was bogus time wise but wasn't for sure there wasn't bolt on parts. 😡
Well they have to make their money some how

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
As long as you have the 2 links to attach deck that drop down when you push the lever to drop the center link/3 point hitch. Wherabouts you located?

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
As long as you have the 2 links to attach deck that drop down when you push the lever to drop the center link/3 point hitch. Wherabouts you located?
Indiana

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
If you have the WSM in PDF, in page 407 is the set up and in page 413 are the adjustments.

jnschnit

Equipment
B2601, BH70 BH, LA435 FL, RCK60-32 MMM, BX2763 Blade, ZD1011
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
Not familiar with your model but my B2620 and my new B2601 had to have the lift arms and linkage added. Wasn't to bad to do or adjust. You could check the parts manual to make sure your tractor has the lift arms. Good luck with your shoulder surgery. Just an FYI, I found it easier to sleep in my recliner with a pillow under the arm.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Not familiar with your model but my B2620 and my new B2601 had to have the lift arms and linkage added. Wasn't to bad to do or adjust. You could check the parts manual to make sure your tractor has the lift arms. Good luck with your shoulder surgery. Just an FYI, I found it easier to sleep in my recliner with a pillow under the arm.
Thank you.. I looked at some recliners last weekend.

Last edited:

crbr

Equipment
2006 B7800, 2022 BX1880
Jan 8, 2010
TN
Thank you.. I looked at some last recliners last weekend.
I just got done with rotator cuff repair / recovery. Electric recliner is the ticket. That and the ice machine for the shoulder is a must (read that again). Recliner is the only way you can sleep for a good while. Did I mention the ice machine? Don't go without it. Use frozen 16 ounce bottles of water instead of ice. Keep 16 bottles on hand, rotating 4 at a time and having others ready to go back into the machine.

Best on recovery. Five months of rest and patience is what it takes.

Back to the gym this week after the wait (I took an extra month).

WSM is Work Shop Manual. It is available (free) in a PDF. You can find it here in this index.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I just got done with rotator cuff repair / recovery. Electric recliner is the ticket. That and the ice machine for the shoulder is a must (read that again).

Best on recovery. Five months of rest and patience is what it takes.

Back to the gym this week after the wait (I took an extra month).

WSM is Work Shop Manual. It is available (free) in a PDF. You can find it here in this index.

Thanks for the info!

Got a question.. I know everyone is different when it comes to healing, since you have been through it.. how long do you think would be reasonably possible to get on a tractor and mow? Like I said.. not the same for everyone but I have no idea what to expect. No pressure!😁

crbr

Equipment
2006 B7800, 2022 BX1880
Jan 8, 2010
TN
Thanks for the info!

Got a question.. I know everyone is different when it comes to healing, since you have been through it.. how long do you think would be reasonably possible to get on a tractor and mow? Like I said.. not the same for everyone but I have no idea what to expect. No pressure!😁
Three months minimum. You'll be in a sling for 8 weeks.

Not so much about the ability but about not risking some odd accident or slip that would re-injure again. You don't want to do the surgery twice. I was comfortable at 4 months but still did not push my luck. Five months and you'll be in the clear.

I added to my post above. Have a look see.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Three months minimum. You'll be in a sling for 8 weeks.

Not so much about the ability but about not risking some odd accident or slip that would re-injure again. You don't want to do the surgery twice. I was comfortable at 4 months but still did not push my luck. Five months and you'll be in the clear.

I added to my post above. Have a look see.
Ouch.. I gotcha, don't want to have to do it twice! Thank you for all that info. Not looking forward to being down most of the summer but I gotta get it done. Completely bone to bone now..

Yep electric recliner is the way to go.. tried em all!

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Lol…so this post turned into a surgery discussion.😂
Hope your surgery goes well and you heal up quickly!

Now, I just posted a question that is similar regarding a mmm that I’m selling. It wasn’t clear to me ( in this thread) if the undercarriage “arms” that raise and lower the mmm deck come with all BXs or do the arms have to be installed as part of the mmm?
I’m wondering if a “buyer” will need those arms off of my BX when I sell it?
Thanks!

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Lol…so this post turned into a surgery discussion.😂
Hope your surgery goes well and you heal up quickly!

Now, I just posted a question that is similar regarding a mmm that I’m selling. It wasn’t clear to me ( in this thread) if the undercarriage “arms” that raise and lower the mmm deck come with all BXs or do the arms have to be installed as part of the mmm?
I’m wondering if a “buyer” will need those arms off of my BX when I sell it?
Thanks!
I think they come with all BX, mine has the rear linkage. The front hardware comes with the deck..

I've seen two different set up's by looking at pics and videos with how this front linkage is attached.