rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Welcome. That’s a very nice looking set up you have.

Nbryan is shooting you straight on the lights…whether you relocate or not it’s really none of my business, but just imagine a small overhanging beanch working it’s way between the wire and the rops frame, not to mention a bigger branches scraping the rops/light fixture. (I’d be worried about the wiring as well as the fixture). I am not sure your mowing / property…i don’t keep up with all the overhanging branches myself as well as I should, and the reflector tape on my machine is scraped up…but the rops protects what’s inside it. As I am watching my wheel placement to get close to things (I am too lazy to trim mow) then the inevitable branches run into the rops.

Good call on the extras / attachments (ballast, forks, tiller, etc)

Good luck and welcome.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
"noses" ?????
That is not the reference I have most often heard!
You are correct sir! :giggle: Not the reference that I would usually make, but this is supposed to be a family friendly forum.

Nate77

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 5, 2023
Indiana
Found some old pictures of my first tractor.
1955 Ford 850, what a beast to learn on.
After a few years of ownership, I swore I’d never own another gas tractor, what a pain to keep running.
E2636DAB-F868-4CC5-9F5D-20EC6648FAA8.jpeg
2F10E056-9E5F-486C-9D35-E323107D96BE.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
Welcome!!! Nice setup you have there.

I am up in northern Indiana. Got my BX about 3 years ago (6 months after the purchase of my new 5 acre property). It has been great. One of the best purchases I have ever made. I was just using it yesterday to move firewood from my pile to the new firewood crate I built out of pallets from my work. Much nicer to scoop and dump vs handling every piece.

At the time I couldn't justify a backhoe attachment to myself. Now I have had multiple projects that one would have been helpful.....and a handful more on my list.

Reactions: 1 user

Nate77

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 5, 2023
Indiana
Welcome!!! Nice setup you have there.

I am up in northern Indiana. Got my BX about 3 years ago (6 months after the purchase of my new 5 acre property). It has been great. One of the best purchases I have ever made. I was just using it yesterday to move firewood from my pile to the new firewood crate I built out of pallets from my work. Much nicer to scoop and dump vs handling every piece.

At the time I couldn't justify a backhoe attachment to myself. Now I have had multiple projects that one would have been helpful.....and a handful more on my list.
Thanks, I really had my heart set on the backhoe. I’ve rented a mini excavator a few times, and it gets expensive at over $400 a pop, plus now I can use it anytime just not when I have a big job.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thanks, I really had my heart set on the backhoe. I’ve rented a mini excavator a few times, and it gets expensive at over $400 a pop, plus now I can use it anytime just not when I have a big job.
At 82, I often use my backhoe (with hyd. thumb) for an hour - or even less.
It is my third arm/hand,..... and the strongest one by far!
I could not possibly rent a machine, for multiple short duration uses!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users