New member with a question

johnat

Equipment
L2002 DT
Dec 23, 2010
Tamworth, NSW, Australia
(Don't they all??):p

I have a grey market (to Australia) L2002 DT (shows as such on the spec plate attached to the front frame) with an engine number 90322 (from the cast number on the top of the engine block) and transmission number 92805 (I think, the zero is hard to read - cast on the side of the transmission).

It has a 4 speed PTO selector, and I have NFI what the speeds are - have been using #2 for slashing and seems to work OK - so ...

Questions -
Any ideas about the specs for this model? I got an "Operator Manual" but it is for a L2050DT, not the one I have. The specs don't show a 4 speed PTO, so the book's worse than useless, methinks.

Also, I'd love to get the correct manual, anyone with ideas for sources?

OR, a list of "legitimate equivalences" for the Aus market would be good.

Wanting to get a new slasher, so I need to know what I can realistically run with the power and lift capacity so I'm not overloading the poor little beastie.

All suggestions welcomed.

johnat

Equipment
L2002 DT
Dec 23, 2010
Tamworth, NSW, Australia
Hey, Vic ... Thanks for the speedy response. It's great that people are willing to share info for the benefit of the whole market.

I'm getting a new slasher (the old one has rusted through the deck, and the front bearing of the gearbox has collapsed) so might use the lower speed to drive the new one - it will be 4'6" compared to a 3' old one.

Again, thanks for that info! Cheers (and may your Christmas day be safe and well 'oiled')

buildspacetrains

Equipment
L2402dt
Nov 12, 2010
Melbourne Australia
Hi Johnat, I've got a new/rebuilt L2402DT (Aussie) and the manual that came with it wasn't really the right one either. I ordered and received a 'L2402DT' owners manual from SSB tractors. (find it on google). This manual is a bit better but not all the equipment is in it either. I suspect these gray market tractors may not have manuals that cover everything.

johnat

Equipment
L2002 DT
Dec 23, 2010
Tamworth, NSW, Australia
Strangely, the manual SSB sent me was the same (non L2002DT) manual that I got from the dealer who imports and sells the tractors here. The dealer also gave me a photocopy of the Japanese parts manual, a huge pile of paper with questionble reproduction and the kanji is next to unreadable.

The photos in the earlier post are EXACTLY the tractor I have, but the manuals I have bear ZERO relationship to the tractor I have.

Yes, I KNOW it is grey market, yes, I KNOW that creates problems, but SURELY there is an equivalent model which is "legitimate" in Aus or US.

johnat

Equipment
L2002 DT
Dec 23, 2010
Tamworth, NSW, Australia
But, how hard can it be to find the equivalent manual?? you have the EXACT model in the photo, surely someone has a manual for it!!

I cannot believe how difficult it is.

johnat

Equipment
L2002 DT
Dec 23, 2010
Tamworth, NSW, Australia
just got back to this, womdering if there was anything new happenin' ... Nup, not a thing except Vic's response.
Johnat,

Did you read my previous answer regarding an operators manual and the existence any equivalent models to your tractor? Did you read my very detailed story of how your tractor came to be?
Yep, read, re-read and re-read again! No problem with understanding.

If there was an operators manual available for your "02" Series Kubota Tractor I would

-have known about it ten years ago
-bought one and have it in my posession right now
-be selling copies of it to Kubota "02" Series owners that are desperate to find one
Understand the imperative here, and applaud the sentiments ...

The operators manual you seek or an equivalent to it doesn't exist, never did, and it aint gonna, ever.
... however, I just cannot understand how any manufacturer of ANY equipment, agricultural or industrial, can make and sell a product without a manual for the user. I don't care if it's in Kanji, there MUST be a manual for a product. I'm sorry, but you have just gotta be wrong on this, there has GOTTA be a user manual somewhere in the world.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
I'm sorry, but you have just gotta be wrong on this, there has GOTTA be a user manual somewhere in the world.
If your Japanese is good enough, you could search the Nippon websites for that. :D

If it is 'grey', it was for the Nippon local market...

If you find it, maybe you send Vic a Link/Copy. :cool:

der carl

johnat

Equipment
L2002 DT
Dec 23, 2010
Tamworth, NSW, Australia
der carl,
Mate, if I could find a manual in Japanese, I can get it translated - have access to a native speaker with some technical knowledge.
Trouble is that the Kubota site will not even think about letting me access manuals, it goes straight to the Aus site, and that will not even think about talking to me about the model numbers I quote.:D