new member says hello

gsganzer

Mar 5, 2015
Denton, Texas
Hello folks! I'm new to this site, But I've been over at TBN for over 10 years. I came here when I was looking for info on L3800's. Great source of info on Kubota's here. I Bought a new L3800 today and take delivery on Monday. It's a tractor that should fit my needs pretty well for a while. I'll post a review after I run it through the ringer for a while.

I grew up working on a farm. I've run everything from the old cubs, a T20, a F40, Model M and H, White farmboss (Iseki), massey 1085, fords, etc. later I did logging with a number of different skidders.
Now I just have a little homestead north of Dallas and up until recently, just had a 2003 BX2200 to keep things maintained. (Used a 1976 Case 446 before that). We added some acreage and have 7+ now, hence the upgrade to the L3800. We're also looking at acquiring some retirement property (100 - 250+ acres) in the coming years, so the L3800 was needed and hopefully will fill the needs (retirement and hunting property). If not, we'll upgrade it to something larger as the needs warrant.

Anyway, thanks for the greeting and I look forward to learning from you. I'll share whatever I learn in return.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Hi, gsganzer, welcome and thanks for joining us on the forum!

I grew up in Lake Charles, so you can imagine that my 'welcome' is tinged with a bit of hostility, yet your long participation in TBN and your experience with multiple tractors does temper that.:p

If you lurk here (and everyone hopes you won't!), you'll figure out pretty quickly that your non-Kub experience will be valuable -- our 'issues' span the spectrum.

Hope to see your wisdom soon, and often!

gsganzer

Mar 5, 2015
Denton, Texas
If you lurk here (and everyone hopes you won't!), you'll figure out pretty quickly that your non-Kub experience will be valuable -- our 'issues' span the spectrum.

Hope to see your wisdom soon, and often!
What?!?!?! I've owned a Kubota for over 11 years now :):rolleyes: . Granted, it was a Kubota jr. I hope to give objective experience on any of the machines I own.

I hope to give some valuable input on the L3800 as I find issues as I work it or need help in repairing it. I look forward to being a valuable member.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to OTT from Alabama. I have the less HP L3200 and it is a great machine so I am sure that you will enjoy the L3800. It will do anything you ask of it.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
gsganzer, Is your L3800 a HST or DT? I could only find HSTs around here and I wanted a DT, so I had to get a L3901.

I also have used all different kinds and sizes of farm tractors from around age 12 or so. While I was out of work about 8 years ago I did logging for 2 and a half years. I ran a John Deere 548D Turbo. I'm back to computers and programing.

Last edited:

gsganzer

Mar 5, 2015
Denton, Texas
Well the L3800 arrived today. The backhoe is real simple to pull on and off. I can tell I'll be upgrading the turn buckle stabilizers in short order to some telescopic pin style. Looks like Mark Hodge isn't making them full time, so I'll have to see what else is available.

I'm interested to load something on the TPH and see if it's smooth or jerks when raised slowly.